Jump to content

Eskimo Joe

Professional Forecaster
  • Posts

    24,951
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Eskimo Joe

  1. I was hopeful that you would do well with this system. The morning visible satellite imagery along with mesonet data showed northeast winds ahead of the approaching system. That setup usually helps with locations in the lee of the Appalachian and Blue Ridge Mts.
  2. We'll take care of that this year.
  3. Is there any good news for snow lovers this winter? Seems like this El Nino is just trending in the wrong direction.
  4. We deserve to be buried this winter in snow. Make it a 70" winter.
  5. Is there any free site that has the Euro AI?
  6. Just need it dry Sept 27th and Sept 28th. Got more weather things coming in Montgomery County that need 48 hours of dry weather.
  7. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the holidays. We've had a few December snows in the past decade here.
  8. Agreed. While we didn't hit climo snowfall, what snow that fell stuck around for awhile.
  9. I'm not asking for big snows in December. Just a solid advisory level event regionwide would be amazing.
  10. It's amazing how hostile our winters have become. We just casually punt 30% of winter year after year.
  11. That's a pretty ugly 500mb chart for December. Hello 65 and sunny on Christmas.
  12. Yes I posted a Tweet in another thread but cannot find it. The Canadian has definitely seen an upgrade in its 500mb verification scores of late.
  13. Agreed. I'm just being picky on an internet weather forum.
  14. That was a fluke that saved us statistically. We had 48 hours of winter that year.
  15. As long as you have an ID you can either take the more advanced classes, or slide in for a refresher.
  16. 12z Euro/GFS both try to pop a 600dm ridge later this week over the southeast
  17. Posting the alleged new CFS DJF snowfall map for the laughs. If this somehow happened I'd probably be happy. It would be the first above average seasonal snowfall I've had in a decade.
  18. Several new National Weather Service weather spotter classes have been scheduled for the autumn. https://www.weather.gov/lwx/skywarn
  19. Yea radar looks like absolute garbage.
×
×
  • Create New...