• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Groundhog Day Winter Storm TX-OK-AR Disco and Obs

ouamber

35 and misting here in Lindale. Wundermap shows temps ranging from 33 to 36 between me and Dallas where it is actually a bit warmer it looks like. Could get very interesting today.
I think we all had a feeling that the models were still trying to figure this out and still are. With thunder storms out west and temps nearing freezing way early east nowcasting is looking like the best forecast. Gotta love winter forecasting in Texas.

This is the HRRR for 7am!!! I think it's gonna be better than we are all expecting!! Fingers crossed!

This image was right on the west side, but the freezing precip has reached much further east than anything I saw predicting even last night. If temps continue to fall as they are now the northeastern quarter of Texas is in for a big surprise winter storm.

Quite a gradient for the past couple hours down here, but most everyone S of I-40 is finally getting in on the action now. Estimating 1.5" as of 8am on the far SE side of Norman. Looking at social media, maybe half of that only a couple miles north of here!

Yeah, just eye-balling the radar, it definitely appears as if that wicked gradient is going to play out as predicted and, so far, it looks like OUN has nailed where the cut offs will be. Norman is looking like a good bet for 4" to 6" of snow and just 20 miles to the north where I am, 2" or so is looking reasonable. While one can never have too much snow, I will happily take my 2".

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AUSTIN/SAN ANTONIO TX
918 AM CST SUN FEB 2 2014

TXZ171-172-183>186-188-021800-
LLANO-BURNET-VAL VERDE-EDWARDS-REAL-KERR-GILLESPIE-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LLANO...BURNET...DEL RIO...
ROCKSPRINGS...LEAKEY...KERRVILLE...FREDERICKSBURG
918 AM CST SUN FEB 2 2014

...COLD LIGHT RAIN...MAY BE MIXED WITH SOME FREEZING RAIN...

A STRONG COLD FRONT HAS PUSHED THROUGH THE HILL COUNTRY DROPPING
TEMPERATURES TO NEAR FREEZING IN SOME LOCATIONS FROM NORTHERN VAL
VERDE COUNTY...THROUGH GILLESPIE COUNTY...AND UP TO BURNET COUNTY.
RADAR IS SHOWING SOME LIGHT PRECIPITATION FALLING IN THIS REGION
AND A FEW WEATHER STATIONS ARE SHOWING MORNING TEMPERATURES IN
THE LOWER 30S. WHILE WE ARE NOT EXPECTING ANY ROAD AND TRAVEL
IMPACTS AT THIS TIME...THERE COULD BE A FEW LOCATIONS IN THE FAR
WESTERN HILL COUNTRY THAT RECEIVES SOME LIGHT FREEZING RAIN OR
DRIZZLE FOR AN HOUR OR TWO. SOME LIGHT GLAZING COULD OCCUR ON
WINDSHIELDS AND EXPOSED SURFACES BUT ROADS AND BRIDGES SHOULD
REMAIN CLEAR OF ICE AT THIS TIME.

WE WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE SITUATION THROUGHOUT THE MORNING
FOR POSSIBLE UPDATES. A CHANCE OF LIGHT PRECIPITATION WILL REMAIN
THROUGH THE MORNING...WITH CHANCES DECREASING DURING THE
AFTERNOON.

GO TO WEATHER.GOV/AUSTIN FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION...FORECASTS
AND WARNINGS.

For the last hour or so, we have had borderline moderate snow here on the north side of OKC. I have not been outside but I would guesstimate perhaps 1.5" of snow so far. I am guessing that the cut off to much lighter snow is not very far to my north but I am pleasantly surprised by what I've got so far in my backyard.

For the last hour or so, we have had borderline moderate snow here on the north side of OKC. I have not been outside but I would guesstimate perhaps 1.5" of snow so far. I am guessing that the cut off to much lighter snow is not very far to my north but I am pleasantly surprised by what I've got so far in my backyard.

Nice to see that most of the metro has gotten enough to cover the grass, at least. My guesstimate here is 3", but needless to say drifting makes it tough.

Archived