• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 4th Winter Event Discussion

ChescoWx

So it appears at least some in the area will have a light to possibly moderate snow event to start off the first month of spring....by the way go Phillies! I know they will not be good this year....but I do think better then last year and IMHO they are the last and next philly team to win it all!

Looks like snow beginning after midnight tomorrow night....

Looks like Glenn is going with 2-3" from mid/southern portions of Mont/Bucks counties through Philly into Jersey. It's going to be the sloppy/stick to grass with maybe a little slush on back roads. Much of it will fall after sunrise w/temps above freezing in March which isn't ideal.

surprised to even see WWA posted...this seems like it will be a non event- nuisance event. coatings for all, maybe an inch lollipop.

I think it's because of the timing. Starts around midnight/early morning hours...maybe a 1/2" or so on the ground by the pre dawn morning rush and snowing...temps below freezing. Stupid drivers, you get the drift... 

although qpf looks blah....ratios will likely be a little better than 10:1 during the overnight and very early AM hours....0.11" in NW Chesco could equal 1.5" - thinking a general 1 to 2" a good bet - timing is good for those that want accumulation

Winter's last gasp on life support. And with low ratios (8:1 at best) squeezing out an inch of snow is going to be a real challenge in many spots tho I am guessing 'around an inch' will be the regional avg with this one.

although qpf looks blah....ratios will likely be a little better than 10:1 during the overnight and very early AM hours....0.11" in NW Chesco could equal 1.5" - thinking a general 1 to 2" a good bet - timing is good for those that want accumulation

Maybe farther N and W away from Philly ratios could hit 10:1, like in your part of NW Chesco, but really its just semantics at this point. The difference between .25" or so here and there.

Archived