joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2nd annual spring/summer thread for the mountains

Met1985

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice picture of sunset over downtown Asheville you put up on Facebook, Hvward! Was that from a trail?

Thanks man! It is from a "trail" ha that includes a house lot for sale off of Beaucatcher Mtn. It is about halfway up Alexander Dr.

Here is the shot if anyone else wants to see..

4c11d6fef58335c3d58f439475528581.jpg

One of my followers on Facebook(Ashevillewx) posted this picture of hail that fell yesterday at Biltmore Baptist in Averys Creek! Mid level lapse rates per mesoanalysis were -8 which certainly supports golfball sized hail. She said it damaged roofs and dented cars. Meanwhile I hiked and photographed 9 waterfalls around Davidson River and barely saw a drop of rain! I love weather in the mountains!

9b471e415ab2c5eb6b4405c6c8b7c7bb.jpg

One of my followers on Facebook(Ashevillewx) posted this picture of hail that fell yesterday at Biltmore Baptist in Averys Creek! Mid level lapse rates per mesoanalysis were -8 which certainly supports golfball sized hail. She said it damaged roofs and dented cars. Meanwhile I hiked and photographed 9 waterfalls around Davidson River and barely saw a drop of rain! I love weather in the mountains!

9b471e415ab2c5eb6b4405c6c8b7c7bb.jpg

Wow pretty impressive Ward. Yeah I have found out when you get underneath one of these storms they can be very intense.

Wow pretty impressive Ward. Yeah I have found out when you get underneath one of these storms they can be very intense.

Crazy man! I am just glad my car wasn't in the way. It seems like it has been a while since we have seen roof damage up here in WNC from hail, but I know it happened a few years ago and is not unheard of. Hopefully we can get a few good storms again today and then something out of Bill over the weekend!

Crazy man! I am just glad my car wasn't in the way. It seems like it has been a while since we have seen roof damage up here in WNC from hail, but I know it happened a few years ago and is not unheard of. Hopefully we can get a few good storms again today and then something out of Bill over the weekend!

Yeah I think the closer Bill gets the better chance of rain we will see.

Archived