joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/ice (mostly ice) disco and obs Monday 1/12/2015

famartin

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha ha ha Why the state of PA owns liquor stores is beyond me anyway!!

Yeah, it's screwed up. At least they're open Sundays now...progress I guess. My brother lives in NJ and their liquor stores blow the doors off PA. With the way weather has been treating us I may visit those stores more often.

34.9...mod rain now.

Obviously had some freezing rain last night and first thing this morning, temp was 32F most of the time, so marginal issues only. Glad it wasn't major since I've been under the weather the last few days and doing the no power generator thing (manually) would not have been fun.

35F currently, and in true weenie style hoping for some frozen out of the tail end of this event. HRRR (fwiw) seems to think there's potential for a coating in SEPA and southern NJ.

You know it's been cold when this much rain couldn't wash away my 1" remaining snow. Still 50/50 frozen concrete by door only hit 33F here

Got up to 35F here, still there, the nice 2" snowpack (mostly in shaded areas) is reduced to about an inch with grass poking through all over. Hoping for a minor resurfacing tonight. Either way at this point it's about seeing how many days this streak with (some) snow on the ground can continue before the thaw later this week into next week.

Next question is do icing problems return this evening with a drop in temps/loss of solar insolation and an ending with some more frozen precipitation i think yes they will.

I think this will only affect far N&W if temps drop quick enough....there is moisture to the SW. Philly and surrounding burbs...meh. 35.7

Archived