Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

talked about the stink bugs during the spring, the winter decimated the population, we were literally invested with those things at the office in Central Jersey & very heavy back home in Bucks until this past winter & now it's rare to even to see one at both locations

when I say invested I mean invested, they went nuts during those 2010-12 flamethrower summers & never completely went away in the winter, we had to clean out the office lights every couple of weeks because they'd pile up inside the fixtures, on warm fall days the sunny side on the outside wall of the building would be literally covered, what a refreshing change of pace now....

buy low, sell high ?

I have a sneaking suspicion that a little Indian summer will bring them out of their hiding spots.

This

They typically swarm (from what I ahve seen at least) on the first warm day after the first cool snap of the season.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if you see large numbers of them on Saturday with the temps heading to 80.  It may take a bit cooler snap and the next warm spell (if it comes) in early Oct.

Those bags actually attracted more to your property.

Kind of counter productive

It was a silly idea. People bought into it and the company made money. Same goes w/the bug zapper which many people had although it was a bit more entertaining and provided light. I just felt like it didn't make a difference besides the light/zap sound.

You know the weather is boring when we're talking about bugs...

I wish The NWS would dump the Meter unmanned station at BLM for something manned with actual observers. I know its $$ and all but this crappy station does nothing for area achieves other than temp and humidity. This area has seen some prolific seasonal snowfalls but anyone checking the local area for records wouldn't know it save for CocoRaHS. Other wise the coop offices around here are pretty bad as well.

I wish The NWS would dump the Meter unmanned station at BLM for something manned with actual observers. I know its $$ and all but this crappy station does nothing for area achieves other than temp and humidity. This area has seen some prolific seasonal snowfalls but anyone checking the local area for records wouldn't know it save for CocoRaHS. Other wise the coop offices around here are pretty bad as well.

BLM is not an NWS station.

You know the weather is boring when we're talking about bugs...

Weather is still painfully boring & looks to continue that way for some time so we'll go from bugs to bears

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/20140922_ap_f31bf7046e2d49a5962dc02ab9ed3410.html

looks to be the first person on record being killed by a "wild" bear in PA / NJ

Weather is still painfully boring & looks to continue that way for some time so we'll go from bugs to bears

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/20140922_ap_f31bf7046e2d49a5962dc02ab9ed3410.html

looks to be the first person on record being killed by a "wild" bear in PA / NJ

During the summer a Black Bear was seen /shot about a mile up the road at the Wawa I go to frequently. Never seen that before around here...

http://tinyurl.com/p2pahte

Archived