Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

44 yesterday and 48 this morning for low temps in Spring Mount, PA.  Trying to stave off using the heat in my house until at least early October (house temp has been hovering in the upper 60's the past two days...but once the temp gets down to 65 in the house it will prompt my wife to turn on the heat).

We take it down to 60 before any chance that the heater goes on..usually just before thanksgiving

Lots of firewood and blankets...

More folks in this world need to do the same to help us with this "energy shortage" thing.

You get used to it quickly and sleeping under all the blankets In a 55 degree room is great!

I have a sneaking suspicion that a little Indian summer will bring them out of their hiding spots.

Stinkers are back with vengeance right now.

Sounds like sleet on the windows

Yep.  I was hoping for a light season, but they were just a little behind schedule.  Today they are swarming.

Yep. Stink big swarming on this warm day. Just as the soy bean leaves are drying up and leaves are turning. They know when the food is drying up, it's time to look for shelter.

Lots of soybean fields around.  Corn likewise.

I was hoping that they were being eaten by a new natural enemy.  No such luck. 

Late Sept thru mid Oct best time of the year to get very warm weather. Keeping the low energy streak from summer going

I'd go as far as saying around here it may as well stay warm until around December 5th.  That's about the earliest we can be realistic about snows that can survive the whole winter.  Before then I wish for nothing more than a couple of cold mornings in the mid 20's or lower to stop the grass.

Yeah, earlier in the week it looked like we might get a good soaking today. Ended up with little more than passing showers. In fact, the sun is now out. Guess it's safe to wash the car.

Seems like every event is under performing for the past couple months. Hopefully this doesn't continue heading into winter....suicide alerts.

Partly sunny here currently..64.9F 

I have leaves so thick in many areas can't see the grass. This is typical for the last week of October, will have to make a leaf mulch run

Tree color is around 50% which is ahead of schedule but some tree's like locust, black walnut and ash dropped their clothes mega early

Archived