Newest Member
    joxey
August 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can always stay in Bay.

P.S. Fluke run is on fire right now in the ocean.

Ive been using the gulp alive 4" pearl white mullet this year and i have been killing it inside fire island inlet. Yea alot of shorts but also 2 23" fluke this year on them as well. Went outside the inlet tuesday (very rough with it being outgoing and strong west wind and caught a few fluke no monsters though. Sunday IF its not too bad we'll go out about 1/2 mile to southwest of the inlet. They're is an amazing cut there that me and my father have had some awesome success drifting through ;) this year the big fluke just havent been around like last year where when i went out it was which one was bigger to keep

It's been amazing these last 2 weeks. Have caught dozens of fluke in 4-5 trips. Biggest 28" or about 8 pounds.

i know anywhere west of Jones Inlet both in the bays and ocean you've been getting some pretty sizable fluke. Going to try and troll the ocean next time for some gorilla blues too

Hard to imagine Saturday turning out anything other than wet and then damp for the remainder of the day-no clearing.  Maybe there's hope for Sunday?

It was pretty easy to tell for a while that there would be a good chance for wet weather this weekend with the front being hung up close to the area. Models have shown that setup for the better part of a week. With us being in the right entrance region of the jet and tons of moisture from the Gulf, some of us could be in for a good soaking.

That was fluke that I ate yesterday right? Keep catching them because it was delicious

Yes. Caught in the LI Sound. Fluke is very underrated. IMO, it's the best tasting local fish.

Blackfish is the only other one that comes close.

Black Sea Bass is good as well, but that's more of a fishier taste.

Yes. Caught in the LI Sound. Fluke is very underrated. IMO, it's the best tasting local fish.

Blackfish is the only other one that comes close.

Black Sea Bass is good as well, but that's more of a fishier taste.

I love bottom fishing. Sure, stripers and blues put up more of a fight but nothing quite like bringing up a doormat. I agree, best fish to eat in the area.

I love black sea bass as well. We had a friend that owned a sushi bar. He would close early and we would bring him the fluke and sea bass and he would cut it up for us and we would have a feast. Those were the days.

It could be a situation much like a couple of weeks ago where T-storms train over one area and drop several inches of rain. There's a ton of moisture available and good upper level dynamics to allow for heavy thunderstorms. Hopefully this isn't an all weekend affair and some of it can be salvaged, but the models seem to be increasing the duration of the rainy periods.

It's certainly possible that we might see an over correction east today before the models jog back to the west tonight. Nothing unusual in this range.

The 12z GGEM is coming in way east.

or a correction to the correct solution-well east.  Getting awfully close for such a big shift if it's model noise.

Archived