joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree-me too, but with the Canadian going east, that's a red flag.   One thing for the Goofus to give us that solution but with support from the Canadian, I'm going to guess the Euro is east

This is the second run the Canadian had most of the heavy rain offshore. The Euro disagrees but it might be a reason for optimism if the Euro shifts east also.

Perhaps I've just been following this more closely than the rest of the bunch as I have outdoor plans Saturday evening. Today's 12zs runs so far haven't really shifted much. The GGEM continues to be east, the NAM is over amped and too far west, the GFS is weak and OTS. The Euro hasn't shifted at all.

I'm always hesitant to take any model run seriously when it's incorrectly developing a tropical system. I'm sure that it has some upstream effect on the strength and location of the WAR.

If the Canadian is developing the tropical system too much, it would likely result in a stronger WAR and further west rain axis, not east, as tropical systems typically pump ridges when recurving.

If the Canadian is developing the tropical system too much, it would likely result in a stronger WAR and further west rain axis, not east, as tropical systems typically pump ridges when recurving.

It does look like it tries to pump the ridge back west once it gets north of the Bahamas but by that time the front is already too far offshore.

For someone trying to salvage a beach day on Saturday, if it is east like the GGEM and GFS are showing is it still a cloudy, cool day or could it actually wind up being nice enough to make a trip down the shore? Thanks in advance.

Looks cloudy with showers still possible. GGEM tops temperatures out in the low 70's.

Most locals top out around 65 on Saturday on the Euro. I think this notion that it's going to clear out early and all of sudden turn into this beautiful beach day is farfetched.

The SW flow means plenty of clouds and moisture. The only way we end up with a nice afternoon is if the front clears east, which isn't happening.

Archived