• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

Hello all Sorry I'm not adept at handling quoted messages, but I did send a PM to Ray indicating our concern.

He replied that he's taking a break for at least a while, from the americanwx boards.

I'm assuming that otherwise, he's OK, but that's all the info I have.  I am not in regular contact with Ray, but appreciate that he did give us that information.  I hope that this helps.  Sorry I don't know more than this but he's entitled to chill, I think.

Here's his reply with his permission, very slightly edited for clarity:

From Ray -

"Hello,

I decided to take a break from the boards. Whether its temporary or permanent, I can't say definitively, but I do think it will last through the summer and autumn.

Thanks for your concern.

- Ray  "

Looks like Ray hasn't posted here in quite some time, hopefully no serious issue

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all Sorry I'm not adept at handling quoted messages, but I did send a PM to Ray indicating our concern.

He replied that he's taking a break for at least a while, from the americanwx boards.

I'm assuming that otherwise, he's OK, but that's all the info I have.  I am not in regular contact with Ray, but appreciate that he did give us that information.  I hope that this helps.  Sorry I don't know more than this but he's entitled to chill, I think.

From Ray -

"Hello,

I decided to take a break from the boards. Whether its temporary or permanent, I can't say definitively, but I do think it will last through the summer and autumn.

Thanks for your concern.

- Ray  "

Good to hear......I've seen him active today in this thread. Super quality Met poster but sometimes other issues take precedence.

From Ray -

"Hello,

Thanks for your concern.

- Ray  "

he's done a swell job over the years here as Moderator.   It's impossible to please every soul though.  Trust me , I know.  (Admin / Mod of another forum for 10+ years) 

He probably just needs a breather, and not be here as often.  

Rib is decent as well.  B)

he's done a swell job over the years here as Moderator.   It's impossible to please every soul though.  Trust me , I know.  (Admin / Mod of another forum for 10+ years) 

He probably just needs a breather, and not be here as often.  

Rib is decent as well.  B)

I don't believe he is a moderator....referring to Ray.

Just back from our annual summer trek to the Grand Strand, despite a very wet start plenty of great beach & golf time.

Needed to take relief from this water hazard at Aberdeen in Longs, SC

post-1715-0-92173900-1407681387_thumb.jp

Some pics from the rental on Ocean Isle Beach, NC

post-1715-0-39352600-1407681384_thumb.jp

post-1715-0-81980200-1407681385_thumb.jp

post-1715-0-51556000-1407681386_thumb.jp

Sunset on the IC at Ocean Isle

post-1715-0-27193200-1407681387_thumb.jp

Cherry Grove Pier in North Myrtle Beach, SC

post-1715-0-15571800-1407681385_thumb.jp

Newfoundland warm pool this year pointing to a -NAO winter i hope. Also have to love the north Pacific SST's hinting at a continued dominant +PNA. Next winter could be :shiver:  :snowman:

Also another bumper crop of black walnuts and spider webs outside

and they finally have the local roads all patched up...

Newfoundland warm pool this year pointing to a -NAO winter i hope. Also have to love the north Pacific SST's hinting at a continued dominant +PNA. Next winter could be :shiver:  :snowman:

The nuts from the Black Walnut's seem small and early this year. Do you know what cultivar or variety your trees are?

My local road is "patched" alright...  They did a very bad job and the first plowing and thaw cycles are going to bust them wide open.  They are so rough I can't drive much faster than if they were pot holes!  Count me in as a scrooge this upcoming winter.  I'm not going to troll anyone's snow loving posts but personally I'll be routing for a warm winter, suppressed storms, lake cutters, whatever it takes to avoid snow in my area lol.....  Look at it this way, I'll be cheering for Maryland, Virginia, Michigan, ect :D 

My local road is "patched" alright...  They did a very bad job and the first plowing and thaw cycles are going to bust them wide open.  They are so rough I can't drive much faster than if they were pot holes!  Count me in as a scrooge this upcoming winter.  I'm not going to troll anyone's snow loving posts but personally I'll be routing for a warm winter, suppressed storms, lake cutters, whatever it takes to avoid snow in my area lol.....  Look at it this way, I'll be cheering for Maryland, Virginia, Michigan, ect :D

Oh no you jinxed us! I bet now the snow gods are going to verify a 200" winter in spite ! They didn't even bother fixing up my section of 422 near Pottstown where the blacktop delaminated from the concrete. Routes 222, 61 and 183 are not much better. Many back roads are awful too. I've seen hardly any crews out doing actual road work, most of the time they were just doing a crumby job trimming trees.

Have only been using A/C a bit in the evenings on a couple of the warmer days during the past 3 weeks...otherwise, have saved a lot of $$$ not running the A/C and just keeping windows open.  In fact, I've had some mornings where the temp in the house at 6 AM is down under 65 degrees due to sub-60 low temps with all the open windows.  Looks like another great stretch of days Thursday into the weekend (sunny, low humidity, comfortable temps).

Plus, the whole 'unknown' factor from the quiet sun...the last 5 or so years. 

Record high ice cover in Antarctica....hmmm. 

Yep, we were right on the extreme edge. You could look to the west this evening and see how bright it was...almost the sunset while we were getting super light rain. To our east, decent stuff.

Been this way for the last two months in our area with one or two exceptions...

hope that isn't the situation this winter!!

Archived