Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0z models 1.6

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when there is a storm threat we should still be doing model threads over here.. many have asked where they went.

thru 60 looks like the nam is dumping on places that dont deserve it as much as i do

http://www.nco.ncep....am_p60_060m.gif

storm 2 way off in the distance still

LWX pops seem pretty bull'ish for some light snow early Friday, but it looks like the nam is drying up while the gfs hasn't shown much for a couple of runs.

By the way, as ugly as these threads sometimes get, I've always enjoyed them. :thumbsup:

And feel free to delete this to cut down on unwanted clutter.

LWX pops seem pretty bull'ish for some light snow early Friday, but it looks like the nam is drying up while the gfs hasn't shown much for a couple of runs.

By the way, as ugly as these threads sometimes get, I've always enjoyed them. :thumbsup:

And feel free to delete this to cut down on unwanted clutter.

NAM drying up isn't good news. Frontal passages don't bring tons of snow here. It's good to step outside the regional box sometimes.. We are all watching stuff starting thousands of miles from our backyards.

I have had more direct comments and overheard convos about poss snow Fri/Sat for N Va, DC Metrro. and So Md areas then I have for any other storm chance so far this winter season. I don't get it...is this being hyped by broadcast media? Not a slam, just a question....nothing on 00z mdels to support anything S of N NJ for any measurable snow. Or am i missing something?

I have had more direct comments and overheard convos about poss snow Fri/Sat for N Va, DC Metrro. and So Md areas then I have for any other storm chance so far this winter season. I don't get it...is this being hyped by broadcast media? Not a slam, just a question....nothing on 00z mdels to support anything S of N NJ for any measurable snow. Or am i missing something?

earlier runs of the nam were a little more impressive down here with the frontal passage and troughiness that becomes the norlun.. part of it might be the potential to impact the friday a.m. commute. there isnt much support for a lot more than a dusting-1" till you're northeast.

gfs is sorta impressive up in the northeast considering its resolution.. though the placement is certainly different than the nam.

http://www.nco.ncep....fs_p60_066m.gif

earlier runs of the nam were a little more impressive down here with the frontal passage and troughiness that becomes the norlun.. part of it might be the potential to impact the friday a.m. commute. there isnt much support for a lot more than a dusting-1" till you're northeast.

gfs is sorta impressive up in the northeast considering its resolution.. though the placement is certainly different than the nam.

http://www.nco.ncep....fs_p60_066m.gif

Agree 100% about potential for N NJ, northward into NE. I've had at least 10 texts/emails/calls asking "what's up for snow Fri/Sat", in this area. Way more than the Christmas/Boxer possibility, which was looking pretty good just 24 hours before. Funny

No...you're right. It's another example of folks rightfully giving respect to the incredible complexity of this mass of mingling shortwaves. Anything could happen. Obviously, with us being within the 48-72 hour window, it's becoming a bit less obscure. However, the mesoscale complexity is still highly volatile..as is evident in the ensembles. I also think coming off the blizzard (and non-event) a week ago where a few miles in NJ meant the difference between 12" and 20", there's some hesitation in dismissing possibilities outright, while not jumping into a modelled solution with both feet!

Archived