mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
January 10th-12th OV/MW/GL Winter Storm prospects

Madmaxweather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel free to chime in for us midwest folks Chicago storm. I cant see the maps and they wont mention the MW lol

Precip stays south of a Paducah to KY/OH border line.

Swing and a miss for the East Coast.

Northern trough sits centered over the Black Hills area for a while.

Precip stays south of a Paducah to KY/OH border line.

Swing and a miss for the East Coast.

Northern trough sits centered over the Black Hills area for a while.

I have a hard time buying this stalling of the northern stream, seems a bit suspect. Of course it is holding the stuff further S in the Northeast and is a bit slower to eject it away, which is why the northern stream energy is slow to translate east.

Actually Louisville had a pretty nasty ice storm a few weeks ago. Not much in the way of power outages but the roads were terrible. 26 degrees and rain does not bode well. It was a dangerous trip just to walk to your car. I won't forget that one because of how all the roads were a sheet of ice for about 36 hours. Everybody got .25-.50 inch of ice. Just thankful there was no power outages.

Wow, yeah, 26 and rain :arrowhead: Can't imagine the mess that was.. and for 36 hrs the roads were messed up! I'm lucky to see freezing rain for 3 hrs up here before it flips over to rain or w/e. LM really prevents us from seeing the big disasters of other areas... Not to say it can't happen here but I've never seen it.

I have a hard time buying this stalling of the northern stream, seems a bit suspect.

Same here, a slowing down of the N stream I can see that but to just stall it out and not move does not jive. Not to take GGEM and GFS with much stock but a gradual connection and slowing of the entire storm sure but to zoom the S stream and leave the N behind when it started in front...not a real likelihood of that occurring.

Josh

It looks like there may be a bit more interaction between it and the tail end of the vortex over the Lakes...FWIW.

I think there has been a slight trend in the right direction tonight, ofc if you ride the GGEM which for what its worth has been very consistently north on this one, then things could be good.

Wow, yeah, 26 and rain :arrowhead: Can't imagine the mess that was.. and for 36 hrs the roads were messed up! I'm lucky to see freezing rain for 3 hrs up here before it flips over to rain or w/e. LM really prevents us from seeing the big disasters of other areas... Not to say it can't happen here but I've never seen it.

Yeah that must help. Surprisingly a lot of people still made it too work. Ice storms are a daily occurance around here. I don't think we can go 2 or 3 winters without getting an ice storm that reaches Winter Storm or Ice Storm Criteria.

Agreed Bow. We have no shot up here, which is fine by me. It would be sad though if ARK gets a foot of snow from this, that they would have more snow on the season then we do up here. It is what it is though.

Bow, you down for some fantasy baseball this year? 25 dollar pay in?

25 bucks eh. I could dominate for that kind of scratch :)

Archived