• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC Plowing (or lack of) Discussion

Jefflaw77

Nope didn't. Every report holds the DS responsible and it's under their control so if others dumped also it was under their supervision.

I didn't mean the excuses were BS but rather trying to excuse them based on what a few said is BS. There's proof contradicting them so even if they are right they may very well be in the minority.

You honestly believe the minority here are the ones who did their jobs....or who couldnt do their jobs because of underlying problems? Thats a huge leap of faith.

You condemned everyone (and not even just THIS union, which was still a f*cking horribly douchey comment) based on what 3 people supposedly said to a politician. Why is this different?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It only took 41 years for the next Lindsay Storm... aka Bloomberg storm of 2010... Seriously, didn't Lindsay loose the election the following year b/c of that storm?? Anyway- Bloomberg probably doesn't really care..

How could no plow have come through yet?? Isn't this suppose one of the greatest city's on earth?? wtf?

For the record Lindsay did not lose the 1969 election later that year. He was denied the Republican nomination but ran on a third party ticket, NY Liberal Party, and won the general election.

The actions I've witnessed corroborates what the "3 people" said so yes I condemn them all for making so many suffer

You honestly believe the minority here are the ones who did their jobs....or who couldnt do their jobs because of underlying problems? Thats a huge leap of faith.

You condemned everyone (and not even just THIS union, which was still a f*cking horribly douchey comment) based on what 3 people supposedly said to a politician. Why is this different?

Ignorance is boozing up on beer, driving with plows up and letting people suffer

and because a few guys did that, you claimed all union workers are thugs out for themselves. That is retarded and completely illogical. Not to mention a slap in the face to those who do work hard.

Hey guys i'm in the Bronx i've spoken with cops and firemen who aren't very happy with their union bros right now i'm embarrassed to be a New Yorker right now and i don't think i've ever said that.

I dont think youve ever ended a post without a "see ya" at the end either :( This is like Michael Kaye without his see ya HR call lol.

I agree that there is enough blame to go around for everyone. Hopefully the investigation prosecutes those responsible, including politicians, sanitation workers, MTA, whatever-- they all just need to go.

and because a few guys did that, you claimed all union workers are thugs out for themselves. That is retarded and completely illogical. Not to mention a slap in the face to those who do work hard.

Its funny what people say so far away from the situation...when its there house on fire or there health at stake there problems with us just dont seem to be there anymore

listen guys i've spoken to many firemen this week that are just as upset about what happened to be honest most of them were retired but just the same it was an embarrassing life threatening situation and immature if you think about it stunning i'm at a loss for words.Most of my customers are hard working union folks and unfortunately this is gonna reflect on all of them.see ya

Alex i'll throw in a story i had to drive from whitestone to northshore hospital sunday night to pickup my father. My niece from fla. was kind of visiting and never saw a snowstorm before she took the ride what an experience for all of us LOL i hope i never have to do that again see ya.

Alex this subject is so upsetting and rediciulous my mom went to the hospital that sunday thank-g-d it was early in the day by ambulance. she is home and o.k but what couldv'e of been pisses me off. see ya

listen guys i've spoken to many firemen this week that are just as upset about what happened to be honest most of them were retired but just the same it was an embarrassing life threatening situation and immature if you think about it stunning i'm at a loss for words.Most of my customers are hard working union folks and unfortunately this is gonna reflect on all of them.see ya

Yeah, I definitely dont like the idea of broadbrushing the whole union-- there is enough blame to go around for everyone, including the MTA who always seems to get away scot free, in spite of sneaking by these stupid fare increases and leaving 500 people stranded on the A line for 7 hours, not even telling them what was going on. Doherty and Bloomberg are to blame also. As well as the EMS/911 people-- I got especially angry when I heard about that still born baby which happened because a 911 OP didnt send an ambulance because it wasnt a "priority" All these people need to GO. This also doesnt explain why it took days for plows to show up, even when Bloomberg promised action. The guy is corrupt, no one should be allowed to vote themselves an extra term. Everyone who had a part is to blame, but you cant blame the whole union as they are hard working people with families, too. The ones who are responsible within the union need to be punished, as well as Bloomberg, Doherty, MTA and EMS/911.

Im so sorry about your mom-- I hope she is ok.

Alex i'll throw in a story i had to drive from whitestone to northshore hospital sunday night to pickup my father. My niece from fla. was kind of visiting and never saw a snowstorm before she took the ride what an experience for all of us LOL i hope i never have to do that again see ya.

Wow, how long was the drive? I can only imagine-- must have been several hours. Snow is best viewed from the inside of a warm home :)

3 hrs round trip unbelievable amount of cars getting stuck i own a pilot it was great the clearview expressway was o.k especially near the bridge because they plow different bosses .L.I.E was bad and forget the cross island see ya.

Yeah I heard the LIE was completely backed up-- apparently, long island was caught off guard too. Im glad you made it home safe, see ya :thumbsup:

My problem is with Union bosses not the workers. They employ thuggish tactics and that is how my opinion was formed. The latest incident just reinforces my belief

bxeng why are they demoting the emc chief i dont understand why this is a move that will improve things...

I haven't heard the whole story yet...but I'm gonna assume scapegoat+he was already jammed up for something else. EMS made some mistakes....but most of those weren't his call.

Archived