SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Boxing Day 2010 Blizzard

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could give mby visibility reports. Alas, the vagaries of living in the woods.

Took a measurement of 0.6". Wind is blowing the snow around pretty nicely ... had to shield my face outdoors.

I have Winnegance Bay in my backyard. It's approx 1/4 mile straight across bay to Arrowsic Island. When I can't see the island during the day, or can't see lights at night, gives me a great reference.

When looking at my local radar, especially in these events I think about Cool Spruce in the Ellsworth area. Anyone heard any updates on his health?

No, have heard nothing for several months. He made a post at Eastern in the science subforum and I gave him a shout but nothing came of it. I think of him occasionally also and hope all is well.

SFM obs: 0.75sm vis, winds from the N at 29/36

Their all climbing out the window onto ledges in the SNE thread...

The damn things just getting going and their screaming bust..

Yeah, what's going on with that? Radar looks great, wind obs look great, are they worried about drysloting? 0Z NAM looks really good for Central NE, ups the QPF

23.8F SN

The Canterbury and Sanbornton RWIS sites are between 0.40-0.50 mile vis.

1.9" new snow with 0.7" in the last hour.

I think we really start cranking after midnight. Colder cloud tops on IR are starting to backbuild from E NY/WNE into C NH now. I think C NH will be in a prime spot for some consisting deform banding. If it all pans out we could end up with 12"+.

Archived