• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 16-17 Severe Weather Event

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late to getting to some of this, so playing catch-up...

Chased two multi-mode severe t'storms across portions of Western and Northwestern Illinois on Tuesday, April 16th. Encountered a wall cloud, nickel size hail, 40-50MPH winds, and a gustnado with the activity. A combination of not planning on heading into Iowa, leaving a bit late, and not wanting to deal with the lack of Mississippi River crossings along the Iowa/Illinois border prevented me from seeing any of the tornado action in SE. Iowa. And naturally, the tornado threat vaporized after activity crossed the border into Illinois, due to limited recovery time in the wake of the first round of activity.

tuesday-april-16th-2024-joy-il_orig.jpg

Chased a supercell severe t'storm across portions of Central Illinois on Thursday, April 18th. Encountered two funnel clouds and 40-50MPH winds with the activity. I really didn't plan on chasing this day, but I was down in C. Illinois for something and activity came close enough for me to mess around with it for a short time. The best part was a close encounter with a rain wrapped couple of supercell t'storm that was overtaken by a QLCS. It gave it a solid effort in producing a tornado in the heavy rain, in a field right across from me just outside of Raymond, IL (Pictured below).

thursday-april-18th-2024-raymond-il_orig.jpg

thursday-april-18th-2024-chatham-il_orig.jpg

• Like 5