Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Golf Thread

Chrisrotary12

10 hours ago, mreaves said:

I’m disappointed that Scheffler ran away with it. He played great but I was hoping someone would have stepped up and at least make it close. 

I like that kid from Sweden. He's going to be a player.

39 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. It was a low TV rating. Lacked the drama on the back nine. 

I don't know if you pay much attention to the LPGA but have you seen what Nelly Korda has been doing?  5 wins in a row including the season's first major yesterday.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I don't know if you pay much attention to the LPGA but have you seen what Nelly Korda has been doing?  5 wins in a row including the season's first major yesterday.

Yes I heard. I don’t watch per say but I’m tuned into the pga sirius xm frequently.

So many great players on both tours so I’m not sure why golf ratings are low. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yes I heard. I don’t watch per say but I’m tuned into the pga sirius xm frequently.

So many great players on both tours so I’m not sure why golf ratings are low. 

I think the PGA/LIV split has something to do with it and the general apathy towards women's sports explains the LPGA.

11 hours ago, mreaves said:

Went up and paid my membership yesterday, $1250. That’s a second year price, next year it goes up to the full boat price, $1799. 

Holy shit been out of the loop a long time. My membership to Richmond Country club was 225 in 1994. That was pricey too. But what a fantastic course literally in my backyard.  Used to fish in the morning walk to the clubhouse change and golf at 8 am. Miss it but damn expensive Holy crap Mr. Eaves

13 hours ago, mreaves said:

Went up and paid my membership yesterday, $1250. That’s a second year price, next year it goes up to the full boat price, $1799. 

Mt course is about the same, but I don't get out enough to warrant the price. I get an associate membership which allows me to play in all course tournaments and sweeps and you get a cut rate when you play a round.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Holy shit been out of the loop a long time. My membership to Richmond Country club was 225 in 1994. That was pricey too. But what a fantastic course literally in my backyard.  Used to fish in the morning walk to the clubhouse change and golf at 8 am. Miss it but damn expensive Holy crap Mr. Eaves

I haven't played Richmond in years. Always loved it. Nice spongy fairways.

12 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Golf and skiing… seems similar to many season passes for skiing that aren’t on the cheap mega passes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Golf and skiing… seems similar to many season passes for skiing that aren’t on the cheap mega passes.

I wish there was a similar mega pass for golf. I’d snap one up in a heartbeat. There has been no significant golf consolidation, at least in this area. I’d love to be able to regularly play a rotation of courses as a “member”.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 7:03 PM, Chrisrotary12 said:

Two rounds in so far. Both at Overlook Golf Club in Hollis, NH. 82 & 79.

Another course I haven't played in years but enjoy. I had my worst single hole without a penalty ever . Might have been hole 10? Dog leg  left par 5 ? An 11! Just kept topping it for some God only knows reason.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Another course I haven't played in years but enjoy. I had my worst single hole without a penalty ever . Might have been hole 10? Dog leg  left par 5 ? An 11! Just kept topping it for some God only knows reason.

Holes 1 & 10 are both dogleg left par 5s. 10 is harder because your tee shot can’t go far enough to see around the corner.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kdxken said:

Been there, I forgot what hole at Hampden CC but it's around 600 yards, slight dogleg right, I would need three solid shots to be near the green and I didn't, don't remember the score but it wasn't good.

• Like 1