• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My hvac person came for checkup yesterday and mocked me for running the AC.  Told the dude it was 79 the day before. 

I was on vacation last week and had our guy out for the spring maintenance check! A little different experience...he asked me how many days my AC took a break over the winter. :) 

• Haha 2

I was on vacation last week and had our guy out for the spring maintenance check! A little different experience...he asked me how many days my AC took a break over the winter.  
It's a fair question...

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I think it depends on the temps.  Upper 70's is AC time in Jan or April.   We had this convo last year and our place gets hot very quickly.  

I'm willing to be hot or cold to save money and energy.  I do have a limit though.  Mid-80s usually means we put on the AC. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Well, you do know this forum is not the norm.  Most people aren't running AC in early April.

I must be a bad influence on my neighbors - when it was in the mid to upper 70s back in March my neighborhood was buzzing with AC units running. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think it depends on the temps.  Upper 70's is AC time in Jan or April.   We had this convo last year and our place gets hot very quickly.  

I will dissent.  I refuse to put the AC on for one abnormal day like that, particularly when it's not THAT hot and the nights still cool down enough to have windows open (i.e. ~60 or less).  Fans and playing the window game does the trick.  I fully expect @Itstrainingtime to disown me at this point :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, anotherman said:

I'm willing to be hot or cold to save money and energy.  I do have a limit though.  Mid-80s usually means we put on the AC. 

It also depends on what you keep your house at.  We keep it 66-68 in the winter and 70-72 in the summer so if it gets to 80 and the sun is out, it will fly past 72 by afternoon. 

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I will dissent.  I refuse to put the AC on for one abnormal day like that, particularly when it's not THAT hot and the nights still cool down enough to have windows open (i.e. ~60 or less).  Fans and playing the window game does the trick.  I fully expect @Itstrainingtime to disown me at this point :lol:

Who are you again? 

:)  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I work at home so some of it is also based on that.  75-76 degrees (in the house)  and in a meeting is not ideal but I could do it if I really wanted. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

It also depends on what you keep your house at.  We keep it 66-68 in the winter and 70-72 in the summer so if it gets to 80 and the sun is out, it will fly past 72 by afternoon. 

65/365 for me. I spend a lot in the summer but save in the winter. 

10 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Sad day for fans of non-murderers. OJ Simpson has run off to knife more innocents at the Hertz location in the sky.

Starred in a couple very funny spoof movies as well.   Outside the "trial" that is what I most remember him for.   His football days were pre football watching for this youngin'. 

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We keep 72 in the summer as well but can deal with 74-76 for a day or so, particularly if its not too humid.  I also find that turning on the circulating fan on the HVAC unit does a great job of moderating things throughout the house and uses very little electric -- a feature that I think people often times forget about. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

We keep 72 in the summer as well but can deal with 74-76 for a day or so, particularly if its not too humid.  I also find that turning on the circulating fan on the HVAC unit does a great job of moderating things throughout the house and uses very little electric -- a feature that I think people often times forget about. 

I use that feature during the 6 week non-AC period. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Starred in a couple very funny spoof movies as well.   Outside the "trial" that is what I most remember him for.   His football days were pre football watching for this youngin'. 

NBC aired AFC games every Sunday at 1pm back in the 70s. Some of favorite "first" TV announcers were Charlie Jones, Don Criqui and Jim Simpson. The Bills were often on my set during that time period. Amazing to think now how secondary the NFL was back then compared to MLB. Lots of teams had a hard time selling out games. 

Don't worry though - the Cowboys would come on CBS at 4pm. 

All NFL games were played at 1pm and 4pm on Sunday with one Monday night game that was on ABC at a ridiculous 9pm. I had to do some parent schmoozing to be able to watch an entire game on school nights. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

NBC aired AFC games every Sunday at 1pm back in the 70s. Some of favorite "first" TV announcers were Charlie Jones, Don Criqui and Jim Simpson. The Bills were often on my set during that time period. Amazing to think now how secondary the NFL was back then compared to MLB. Lots of teams had a hard time selling out games. 

Don't worry though - the Cowboys would come on CBS at 4pm. 

All NFL games were played at 1pm and 4pm on Sunday with one Monday night game that was on ABC at a ridiculous 9pm. I had to do some parent schmoozing to be able to watch an entire game on school nights. 

Were you there for the first of several Howard Cosell off color comments? 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Were you there for the first of several Howard Cosell off color comments? 

I sure was - and his comments were not as inflammatory in those days as they would be today. Just the way it was. 

I often feel like announcers that are widely despised, I end up liking. For example, cocky or not, I'm a huge Joe Buck fan. Joe and Troy are my absolute favorites today. A lot of people can't stand Joe...I get it, I think he's top notch. I kind of like Romo...sometimes he forces moments that aren't there. In general, announcers are much more bland today than they were years ago. From Keith Jackson's "whoa Nellie" to Dick Enberg's "OH MY" - they were so distinctive in their style. Today, outside of a few...you could watch so many of them and there's nothing really that sets them apart. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Feb 15 - April 6

This year, it was roughly early January to mid-late February. By the end of February spring was arriving and even on cooler days the sun is higher and the house is warmer. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I sure was - and his comments were not as inflammatory in those days as they would be today. Just the way it was. 

I often feel like announcers that are widely despised, I end up liking. For example, cocky or not, I'm a huge Joe Buck fan. Joe and Troy are my absolute favorites today. A lot of people can't stand Joe...I get it, I think he's top notch. I kind of like Romo...sometimes he forces moments that aren't there. In general, announcers are much more bland today than they were years ago. From Keith Jackson's "whoa Nellie" to Dick Enberg's "OH MY" - they were so distinctive in their style. Today, outside of a few...you could watch so many of them and there's nothing really that sets them apart. 

I love Joe Buck and Troy wish they would have stayed on FOX. 

• Like 1

I love Joe Buck and Troy wish they would have stayed on FOX. 
Nobody likes Joe Buck. Stop lying to yourself.

If somebody other than Artie Lange did to Joe Buck on Joe Buck Live what Artie Lange did to Joe Buck on Joe Buck Live, Joe Buck would have been relegated to the radio broadcast for Cardinals games in St. Louis.

2 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Nobody likes Joe Buck. Stop lying to yourself.

If somebody other than Artie Lange did to Joe Buck on Joe Buck Live what Artie Lange did to Joe Buck on Joe Buck Live, Joe Buck would have been relegated to the radio broadcast for Cardinals games in St. Louis.

Sorry I like him.