• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2024 OBS/Discussion

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Best day of the spring so far, 48F with rain.

I could take an entire summer like this! :thumbsup:

Super agree.

Birds are chirping happily, gathering food, green crap off car, I can breathe, don't need A/C, windows open, no flying insects F'en with me and allergies slowed down mowing lawn. And everything is so damn green and there's a slight breeze. Perfect.

48.jpg

8 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Hellz yeah...a little more than a month to go and we start losing daylight again!

Man, I can't wait for this.

We're doing ok, not getting fried/blow touched for now. Need some lingering stationary/back door/cold fronts Hurricanes/T-storms/Tropical stuff off the E coast to keep things in check. A tornado or two wouldn't hurt... 

Let the Phils keep rolling and Birds start training camp and we'll be in Fall mode in a jiffy... 

47F

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

In the running with 2005 for the worst May weather of a lifetime.

I'm digging these below normal, rain occasionally weekends. If you plan your mow cutting/shopping (less people)/other needs accordingly it works out. Couldn't ask for much more besides a couple T-storms and transformers blowing up here and there.

I'm in...

47.jpg

6 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Seeing everyone else's aurora photos while the Lehigh Valley remains shrouded in clouds is a bit like getting flurries while 20 miles to the southeast is slammed with 2"/hr snowfall rates.

It will always snow again our next chance for this is decades away or never

21 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Seeing everyone else's aurora photos while the Lehigh Valley remains shrouded in clouds is a bit like getting flurries while 20 miles to the southeast is slammed with 2"/hr snowfall rates.

Agreed!

Fortunately I got to see it in November 2003 (if I remember correctly).

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Not visible to the naked eye correct?

Correct.  The iPhone with dark photos uses long exposure to get as much light as possible.  This was the result.  I will say though that the sky looked different at the time.  Weird I’d say

While today will be a bit warmer and sunnier than yesterday we will still end up with high temps in the low 60's a good 10 degrees cooler than we should be on May 11th. Rain returns tonight into tomorrow before the sun returns Monday.
Chester County records for today: High 93 degrees at Kennett Square (1896) / Low 28 degrees at Coatesville 1SW (1947) / Rain 2.95" Phoenixville (1931)
image.png.d42436d95127d2216283894bf98fa47a.png