Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Foothills Thread

BooneWX

2 minutes ago, westmc9th said:

It’s hard not to feel completed defeated by this upcoming week. Plenty of cold. There was moisture around but somehow we find a way not to combine the two. Then a warmup is coming 

And I haven’t looked too far ahead but I assume with that warm up, we’ll manage to squeeze out half a foot of rainfall :axe:

7 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

And I haven’t looked too far ahead but I assume with that warm up, we’ll manage to squeeze out half a foot of rainfall :axe:

Winner! It might not be 6” but we don’t struggle with rain in the long run according to the GFS!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WiseWeather said:

Precip looks plentiful to the west… all the way back to Dallas

It's still going to mostly miss us to the northwest. We need the heavier rates to bring the cold air down otherwise it will be drizzle or light rain and 40. 

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

It's still going to mostly miss us to the northwest. We need the heavier rates to bring the cold air down otherwise it will be drizzle or light rain and 40. 

Just let us be in love with the radar for a minute before we have to accept reality, okay?  C'mon.....geez.....:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just let us be in love with the radar for a minute before we have to accept reality, okay?  C'mon.....geez.....:lol:

For real… i mean we are all getting hated on in the mountain thread for leaving… let us have 2 minutes of wishing before we accept reality and we get a 17 inch storm in late February overnight and the next day the temp is 82 degrees.

I appreciate the realness @wncsnow! Just know that I'll always consider Marion/McDowell County part of the mountains. You don't have to be on the TN border or above 4000' ft to count. I'm still midly interested in the weekend event. I've accepted this one was unlikely to amount to much...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, westmc9th said:

I appreciate the realness @wncsnow! Just know that I'll always consider Marion/McDowell County part of the mountains. You don't have to be on the TN border or above 4000' ft to count. I'm still midly interested in the weekend event. I've accepted this one was unlikely to amount to much...

The mountain thread used to be called the mountains and foothills thread. It should still be that way IMO but I'm fine with having this thread too. 

• Like 1

I’m just picking on you guys for starting this thread, I always considered anything north and west of hwy 64 say from Hiddenite to Rutherfordton the mountains. But it does make sense lately to discuss threats separately, which is unfortunate and sadly a sign of the Pacific being a pain in our backside for what seems like a decade.  Heck, you guys aren’t too far ahead of me in the frustrated realm of things.  Probably even more irritated than you guys considering I’m above 3800’ and 12 miles from the state line, got jack squat to show for that.

I’m just picking on you guys for starting this thread, I always considered anything west of hwy  north and west of 64 say from Hiddenite to Rutherfordton the mountains. But it does make sense lately to discuss threats separately.  Heck, you guys aren’t too far behind me in the frustrated realm of things.  

Frustrated? More like desperate at this point. Its been 2 years since ive seen snow at home… in the last 5 we have only seen around 15 inches total. It does make sense to split them for winter… in summer we can remain together though.

I've been a bit booked up this last week. What's the take for February looking like as of late? I see the rest of January is a punt. That leaves us with essentially 28 realistic days to score. And heck, I'm not even convinved February is a good winter month for us anymore. 

4 minutes ago, westmc9th said:

I've been a bit booked up this last week. What's the take for February looking like as of late? I see the rest of January is a punt. That leaves us with essentially 28 realistic days to score. And heck, I'm not even convinved February is a good winter month for us anymore. 

On paper, Feb looks good and we’re heading into a weaker Nino state, which historically means cold and wet in the east.