• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

Well here we go with our usual early season cold making its presence known. Unsurprisingly, this happens as all the fun commences with leaf blowing and leaf sucking from all sorts of strange mechanical devices as well. On that dour note I personally look forward to our annual Christmas torch/swamp fest to most likely end the year on a somewhat more pleasant note. Of course, this happens around the time when snowfall desirability is usually at its highest for many. You gotta love New England..

• Confused 3

9 hours ago, weathafella said:

Had the most number of trick or treaters in years.  Still plenty of candy left for next year if I can avoid consuming it.  Old school chilly Halloween.

Never even saw one here or on the streets last night in my travels, Community is still in shock it seems.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, dendrite said:

I always enjoy these step changes. 2F too warm for all of 2019

image.png

I made this yesterday on my work comp, but forgot to post it. You can see how BOS jumps out a consistent 2F higher on the departures in the same time frame where the MADIS chart indicates about a 2F error. Aug '18 to about Feb '20.

image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

I made this yesterday on my work comp, but forgot to post it. You can see how BOS jumps out a consistent 2F higher on the departures in the same time frame where the MADIS chart indicates about a 2F error. Aug '18 to about Feb '20.

image.png

You can see ORH jump out at the end of that graph....I'd bet ORH sticks out like a sore thumb from summer 2020 onward.

Years ago, I prob would've noticed right away, but it took until the Dec 5, 2020 marginal snow paste event for me to notice...I was on winter hill for that storm and cheap home thermo got down to 30-31F during the SN+ and mostly 32F otherwise while ORH was like 33-34F almost the whole time.

20° this morning with nearly 1/2" on the washtub under the eaves.

October numbers"
Avg temp:   50.0   +4.7   2nd mildest here (51.1 in 2017)
Avg max:    58.8   +3.3   Warmest, 79 on 3&4.  Warmest Oct day here is 80.
Avg min:     41.1     +6.1   Coldest, 26 on the 31st.  That was the weakest for Oct coldest by 2°, and the avg min is the only 40°+.

Precip" 4.74"   -0.89"    Wettest, 1.32" on the 22nd
had some IP/SN mix on the 30th.

October had 19 cloudy days, tops by 3, and the 26% of available sun is 5% less than the 2nd gloomiest.

• Like 1