Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
2023-2024 Ski Season Thead

Skivt2

On 4/29/2024 at 2:43 PM, tunafish said:

Very nice!

This is making the rounds from this weekend...I know these people are in the minority, but there's always at least a few people who have no business being up there and are a serious threat to others.

https://packaged-media.redd.it/s87crw0kk4xc1/pb/m2-res_1080p.mp4?m=DASHPlaylist.mpd&v=1&e=1714424400&s=82c16a98c5b6b4b3947770aee4695b167efc16f6#t=0

Shit. That second dude started out of control then was pretty close to getting brained by that rock. 

Forgot to post, but skied the loaf on Sunday, April 21, and Monday the 22nd. Soft snow Sunday with wall to wall coverage on nearly every upper mountain trail, some bare spots on trails below. Was in the mid-upper 20's Monday, so fast and furious. Made the mistake of taking a steep bump run. It was bulletproof. Had the mountain prettymuch to ourselves on Monday. There's a reason they call it "king of spring". They had 110 trails open, I think Killington had 16. 

I'll make my way back over to K Mart in a few weeks. 

sugarlloaf2.jpg

sugarlloaf1.jpg

• Like 5

Still going…. Hit Stratton one last time this past Thursday to ensure the May turns.  I will say the warmth and sun did a number on it from the previous Saturday but coverage was fine.  A fair amount of walking had to be done though especially in the middle.  Also blew the clip off my climbing skin so I had to boot pack the last 250 vert! 

99 days and the season is ever so close to ending from a days perspective but from a season length perspective I’ve got two more months to go! 

B7557ACB-CBD1-453C-A355-38E664368E47.jpeg

• Like 6