• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 Mountains Spring/Summer Thread

Tyler Penland

I'm saving this. Might be the highest rain total output for WNC I have ever seen since I have started following weather models. Only other thing that was close was Ivan back in 2004. It was supposed to stall out over our area but luckily moved quicker than anticipated (the flooding was still bad)

qpf_acc-imp.us_ma (2).png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I'm saving this. Might be the highest rain total output for WNC I have ever seen since I have started following weather models. Only other thing that was close was Ivan back in 2004. It was supposed to stall out over our area but luckily moved quicker than anticipated (the flooding was still bad)

qpf_acc-imp.us_ma (2).png

Yeah there are some insane outputs in this run. But you know the euro has been honking at a really wet period coming over the next week.

1 hour ago, wncsnow said:

Models are shifting south fast.  Some give me very little already.  To much northwest flow around the upper low

Delayed but not denied! Don’t forget that rainfall here is only allowed on the days of Saturday and Sunday. She scoots back north just in time to make next weekend a washout. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Ya'll, I'm absolutely loving this cooler weather. One year ago in Fountain Inn it was 103 with a HI of 115. Today in Seneca it's currently a glorious 75 deg, a nice breeze and looking at a high of 85. Enjoy the rare weekend sunshine everyone :wub:

Yeah this spring so far has been perfect in our region. This has been a beautiful spring.

• Like 3

the setup is different but the fetch of moisture, orientation and duration will be the same. This event reminds me a lot of the June 2019 flooding. We’ve been dry but it could be a long week here - I suspect even the models with 6-10 inches may be too conservative since they struggle with upslope enchantment. 

Summary: 

https://www.weather.gov/rnk/2019_06_07_10_Flood

• Like 2