• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

What do you guys think about tomorrow (Saturday the 9th) as I am having people over my house for an afternoon / evening party from 2 pm onward and am looking at the models.....The "Mesos" are NOT showing a washout and that I might actual be able to luck out and stay mostly dry,,,,,,do I have a shot at this = thoughts ?

2 hours ago, BxEngine said:

We got crushed in that overnight storm. That was impressive. My backyard is a damn mess lol

The amount of trees/branches down and power/tree crews on the road on the way into work this morning was impressive.  I'm guessing most of that damage was done with the earlier line around 7pm though.  Still lots of folks without power as of earlier this morning.   

1 hour ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

What do you guys think about tomorrow (Saturday the 9th) as I am having people over my house for an afternoon / evening party from 2 pm onward and am looking at the models.....The "Mesos" are NOT showing a washout and that I might actual be able to luck out and stay mostly dry,,,,,,do I have a shot at this = thoughts ?

I agree, the mesos are showing some hit or miss stuff.  Yesterday they showed me as a miss but I got nailed so...either way, it doesn't look to be an all day washout.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I agree, the mesos are showing some hit or miss stuff.  Yesterday they showed me as a miss but I got nailed so...either way, it doesn't look to be an all day washout.  

Yep, exactly Rob and yesterday it all missed me until late last night. I am going to keep watching things until early tomorrow see how this plays out really hoping to get this in

Just now (2 am ) took the dog for a walk in the yard,,,,tonight is cooler than last night but still sticky out there. Weather Gods appear to be smiling on me right now as my BBQ which is scheduled for Saturday afternoon "might" be dry / fingers crossed. Some models still appear to be showing more dry than wet as HRRR, FV3and 3K are much drier but RGEM and 12K and 32K are more wet. I hope that the 2nd group are wrong and I will be watching the radar from noon onward

40 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

I have a question = If I am concerned about todays weather are any of the Meso models still worth looking at so close to game time / people arriving at my house by 2pm or at this point should I just be looking at the radar ? Or should I just cancel my plans ? Thanks

The HRRR runs every hour so I would look at the 12z on all the mesos and continue to look at the HRRR and the radar.  They didn’t show me getting nailed again yesterday but I did so it’s really a crapshoot. 

• Like 1

Just now, IrishRob17 said:

The HRRR runs every hour so I would look at the 12z on all the mesos and continue to look at the HRRR and the radar.  They didn’t show me getting nailed again yesterday but I did so it’s really a crapshoot. 

Yes Rob,,,,,and the HRRR along with 3k and now the 12K which was previously wetter looks better but I just wish that I could be certain that these pop up storms were going to happen later ( if at all ) say closer to 6 pm than 2 pm when my shindig begins. Thanks for the reply

5 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Yes Rob,,,,,and the HRRR along with 3k and now the 12K which was previously wetter looks better but I just wish that I could be certain that these pop up storms were going to happen later ( if at all ) say closer to 6 pm than 2 pm when my shindig begins. Thanks for the reply

Do you have enough room inside/ under cover?  I would press on with the party as long as there isn’t a chance that folks beverages get watered down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishRob17 said:

Do you have enough room inside/ under cover?  I would press on with the party as long as there isn’t a chance that folks beverages get watered down. 

Rob yep,,,,and the thing is that it has been very hard to get this group together something has always come up for a few of us so thats why I am pushing to get us together, and get this in today,,,,I have cover if need be and we can head inside for that along with more ice or wine if needed

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Rob yep,,,,and the thing is that it has been very hard to get this group together something has always come up for a few of us so thats why I am pushing to get us together, and get this in today,,,,I have cover if need be and we can head inside for that along with more ice or wine if needed

Party on!  Hope the weather holds for you. 

• Like 2

That was a pretty good storm around midnight. There was one simultaneous flash boom that was really intense, shook the house and woke everyone up, and scared the dog half out of her mind. She cowered under the dining room table for most of the last 5 hours and just came out, poor thing finally stopped shaking. Anyway, for all the hassle we got a whole big .5".

On 9/9/2023 at 9:18 AM, IrishRob17 said:

Party on!  Hope the weather holds for you. 

We gave it a shot Rob as the party began around 2 pm at my house  and we were good until 4 pm but then all hell broke loose and we had to take it indoors. It began thundering earlier than 4 and for quite a while so I started looking at the radar and I saw that the Bronx and some other areas were getting crushed,,,,,,,,Im glad I did not cancel as it was a fun time

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

We gave it a shot Rob as the party began around 2 pm at my house  and we were good until 4 pm but then all hell broke loose and we had to take it indoors. It began thundering earlier than 4 and for quite a while so I started looking at the radar and I saw that the Bronx and some other areas were getting crushed,,,,,,,,Im glad I did not cancel as it was a fun time

You gotta roll with the punches so good for you. Only .27 here yesterday and a much calmer day than the previous two thankfully IMBY

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

3.40" here. More slow-moving showers/storms this afternoon although coverage looks reduced. What's your total for astro summer?

Met summer 2023 was: 25.54"

Astro summer 2023 so far: 25.26"

Interestingly met 2011 was: 25.26" as well and the 2011 astro summer was: 29.97"

31 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Met summer 2023 was: 25.54"

Astro summer 2023 so far: 25.26"

Interestingly met 2011 was: 25.26" as well and the 2011 astro summer was: 29.97"

The amazing thing is that 2011 had two extremely prolific tropical systems and 2023 has had none. Just an incredible convective pattern this year. 

• Like 1