Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Discussion 2022

Frog Town

21 hours ago, beavis1729 said:

Ha ha. It’s an emotional thing, not a logical equivalence.

If you walk to a park on a summer day, what do you notice? Probably the fully leafed out trees, with the leaves swaying in the breeze.

If you walk to a park in the winter (channeling Currier and Ives), do you think “oh great, the trees aren’t in bloom”? No - you imagine the picture postcard of snow on the ground. That’s the difference. 

Nailed it.  Summer never feels like it's not summer based on looks.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:44 PM, Hoosier said:

As long as I can see my breath outside, it looks like winter.

So just about every day in DJF.

BUT....this year's been pretty high suckage. We all know that constant snow cover at our LAT(s) is a very low percentage occurrence of all seasons. That's why I call winter in SMI any time we at least have snow piles around in between the snow fall and snow depth days. So far, that has been limited to a handful of days at the end of December. Have to go back decades I think to find something this lame. Even 11-12 had yielded much more snow at this point.  

56 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

BUT....this year's been pretty high suckage. We all know that constant snow cover at our LAT(s) is a very low percentage occurrence of all seasons. That's why I call winter in SMI any time we at least have snow piles around in between the snow fall and snow depth days. So far, that has been limited to a handful of days at the end of December. Have to go back decades I think to find something this lame. Even 11-12 had yielded much more snow at this point.  

Oh it's been bad.  I was just being sarcastic.  Solid winter wx has been harder to find than cheap eggs.

• Like 1