Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CoastalWx

SNE snowstorm memories.

1,354 posts in this topic

I figured we can make a thread to talk about our favorite storms and perhaps share any model runs, surface analysis, radar pics, pictures that you may have..etc. It does not have to be a blockbuster either. It's always fun seeing the old radar images from past storms (small or large), and to hear the different takes that people have. I'll start with a fun one for my backyard.

Weak low, but H7 low in a good spot for mid level frontogenesis and deformation band as seen in the radar shot below.

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/current/mcview.phtml?prod=usrad&java=script&mode=archive&frames=18&interval=10&year=2003&month=2&day=7&hour=12&minute=0

BOS 15 UTC 1/2 SM SN SNINCR 1/ 2

BOS 16 UTC 1/2 SM SN SNINCR 1/ 3

BOS 17 UTC 1/2 SM SN SNINCR 2/ 4

BOS 18 UTC 1/4 SM +SN SNINCR 2/ 6

BOS 19 UTC 1/4 SM +SN SNINCR 2/ 8

BOS 20 UTC 1/4 SM +SN SNINCR 2/10

BOS 21 UTC 1/4 SM SN SNINCR 1/10

BOS didn't get into the meat of the band either.

1 person likes this

I went through that whole thing on my free time. What great discos from Drag, both on and off the desk.

Haha, yeah if you want to kill a couple hours really quickly, spend some time reading through that stuff. I did that one night this past summer...just crack a cold one and live vicariously through the posts.

Haha, yeah if you want to kill a couple hours really quickly, spend some time reading through that stuff. I did that one night this past summer...just crack a cold one and live vicariously through the posts.

I was hoping to see of people had some cool images, whether it's radar, personal pics, or event accounts for storms from the past. I know some people have goodies saved from back in the day. Even present day stuff from the last decade would be great. I just like looking back at old storms and seeing the different accounts people have.

Look at sleet line approach MT Tolland..and never quite make it..pings got as far north as HFD to north of IJD

Lets see 4pm...that was about 2 hrs into my commute and I was still in Tewksbury.

Will, what was the total for you on 1/14??

9.6" I believe...somehow the airport came in with 6.2" but you can clearly see from the pics that it was a lot more than that.

I was hoping to see of people had some cool images, whether it's radar, personal pics, or event accounts for storms from the past. I know some people have goodies saved from back in the day. Even present day stuff from the last decade would be great. I just like looking back at old storms and seeing the different accounts people have.

Ok, I'll bite... never before seen photos from PDII. Yours truly trying to do a front flip on the lawn. I never was a gymnast :snowman:

post-290-0-11826600-1290038012.jpg

post-290-0-78597400-1290038031.jpg

HFD got f'd in that commute too. People in my old office were stranded on 84 in Southington for 6+ hrs

What a joke, Like i said yesterday, You guys can have those commute issues, I would go postal and be locked up after a couple of days....

9.6" I believe...somehow the airport came in with 6.2" but you can clearly see from the pics that it was a lot more than that.

That looks more than 9.6" from the sidewalk view. Looks like a foot.

That looks more than 9.6" from the sidewalk view. Looks like a foot.

There's a ruler in the snow where the shoveled path ends. Without that reference though, yeah, I could see how it could look like a foot or even a little more.

There's a ruler in the snow where the shoveled path ends. Without that reference though, yeah, I could see how it could look like a foot or even a little more.

Yeah it's funny how distorted it looks, but luckily you have that ruler.

<br /><br />

<br />

<br />

I hope you had a beacon and avalanche probe with you.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

CC

42d4d0aa-7572-7189.jpg

Blizzard of 78 the only pic left

42d4d0aa-75b1-9180.jpg

Dec last year

42d4d0aa-75c6-297f.jpg