• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
RippleEffect

8 minutes ago, etudiant said:

Don't blame the journalists, they get paid a pittance and are on relentless production deadlines so they produce makeshift stuff. The quality control editing that used to be there got cut to save costs.

Stripped of their want ads income, newspapers are generally unprofitable, so they have become vanity properties for rich owners such as Bezos or Carlos Slim, guys who do not like to spend too much.

The story itself is not fake. The attention grabbing tweet is

2 hours ago, doncat said:

Yeah just poorly written...failing to mention that the heavy rain tornado threat is from a separate system. Again as with most journalists nowadays, no effort to investigate and get the facts right.

all they needed to do is replace Larry with Ida, I mean how hard could it be?

Larry is forecast to go extratropical between 45.1 and 52 degrees north--pretty decently high latitude.

the record is Hurricane Faith, 1966, which at 61.1 degrees north was the northernmost Atlantic TC history.

this Weather Fact was brought to you by Juliancolton's Baked Corn 'N' Weenies Cereal.  when you think breakfast, think corn and weenies.  back to you, LibertyBell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will - Rutgers said:

Larry is forecast to go extratropical between 45.1 and 52 degrees north--pretty decently high latitude.

the record is Hurricane Faith, 1966, which at 61.1 degrees north was the northernmost Atlantic TC history.

this Weather Fact was brought to you by Juliancolton's Baked Corn 'N' Weenies Cereal.  when you think breakfast, think corn and weenies.  back to you, LibertyBell.

Good info right there Will!  What's the farthest north a hurricane has ever made landfall?

22 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Good info right there Will!  What's the farthest north a hurricane has ever made landfall?

uhhhh idk maybe Juan in Nova Scotia in 2003?  great question.  i can’t find anything that readily answers that question.

and as for the pacific I haven’t a clue.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

uhhhh idk maybe Juan in Nova Scotia in 2003?  great question.  i can’t find anything that readily answers that question.

and as for the pacific I haven’t a clue.

It would be interesting to learn about a typhoon that hit Hokkaido and produced a blizzard lol.

I suppose the same has happened on the Atlantic side in Maine or farther north.

17 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

Good evening Will. I never knew Julian was an entrepreneur. Judging by the product name I’m not sure if you ingest it or calmly wait until it does something to you. As always ….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, rclab said:

Evening Liberty. That information may be printed on the back of Julians cereal box. As always …..

According to Lee Goldberg's map, this hurricane Larry will make landfall as a 75 mph hurricane near the eastern edge of Labrador, he said it will then race up to Greenland and be a HUGE snowstorm/blizzard up there!

44 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good evening Will. I never knew Julian was an entrepreneur. Judging by the product name I’m not sure if you ingest it or calmly wait until it does something to you. As always ….

We are like a regular Who's on First, What's on Second and I Don't Know's on Third crew lol.

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml

55 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

We are like a regular Who's on First, What's on Second and I Don't Know's on Third crew lol.

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml

If there is ever a post pandemic forum get together, several of us can do a NYMetro skit, written by Will. After the performance we all might have to find a new forum and possibly a bail bondsman. As always …

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

According to Lee Goldberg's map, this hurricane Larry will make landfall as a 75 mph hurricane near the eastern edge of Labrador, he said it will then race up to Greenland and be a HUGE snowstorm/blizzard up there!

meh...I could throw a ball 75 mph still at my age with a sore arm...there should have been a Curly and Moe along with Larry but it wouldn't be funny if one was Ida but still...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rclab said:

If there is ever a post pandemic forum get together, several of us can do a NYMetro skit, written by Will. After the performance we all might have to find a new forum and possibly a bail bondsman. As always …

You know...you're more than welcome to get together with friends and family tonight or even tomorrow if you'd like. You don't have to wait until Fauci or someone gives you the green light. 

2 hours ago, rclab said:

no more bail but in this case and the judge would hold us for Psychiatrist treatment...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GrindOutWins said:

On a discussion forum? Um...ok, I guess. I just haven't seen anyone express that they're waiting on "post pandemic" to do what they want since about 15+ months ago. 

You do you.  Let others be.  There's plenty of stuff I'm not doing until this shit is over.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GrindOutWins said:

On a discussion forum? Um...ok, I guess. I just haven't seen anyone express that they're waiting on "post pandemic" to do what they want since about 15+ months ago. 

Or we can let others do whatever they want, and leave the politics to a political forum….

• Like 2

Just now, GrindOutWins said:

You would imagine this would include commenting on what they want, you know? No harm in someone reading something they might not entirely agree with or even disagree with entirely. That's the point of a discussion. 

On a forum discussing the politics of a pandemic, sure. Not about an innocuous comment about a gtg on a weather forum. End of discussion.

• Like 2

• Rjay unpinned this topic