• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    samithdfm
    Newest Member
    samithdfm

March Banter 2021

We splurged when the work from home started last year and bought a Nespresso machine.  Just black and those are sooooooooooooooooooooo good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

how can you all talk about coffee without the single greatest line ever in a movie?

I'm off work today. And I'm TOTALLY going to treat myself to a re-watch of Airplane. In my top 3 funniest movies I've ever seen and it STILL holds up after all these years.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

I'm off work today. And I'm TOTALLY going to treat myself to a re-watch of Airplane. In my top 3 funniest movies I've ever seen and it STILL holds up after all these years.

The scene where Captain Oveure goes through all the symptoms in 30 sec is pants wetting funny.  Every single time.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, H2O said:

electrical is easy.  keep power on, stick screwdriver in socket and defibrillate yo'self

The funny truth is every customer asks me (" do you want me to turn power off before you start "). I say no lol 

Most times I need it on to Troubleshoot the problem.  And also no panel is labeled correctly and with people on computers all day I don't dare turn anything off . It's rare I shut off power for these reasons.  If I'm working on a 240 volt appliance for example I will or if my aluminum ladder is in the mud outside.  Long story short it's all in the way your grounded.  I get shocked once a week or 2 . Covid is the least of my worries lol

4 hours ago, toolsheds said:

Can she try apples off the tree from an orchard?  I thought they only put pectin on the apples to preserve them when shipping and to give that fake shine. 

It is actually a natural thing in apples in the skin. 

And loving this weather. House if full open all 3 levels. Did my workout in the front room as I do in colder weather. Half way through was sweating a bucket so looks like time to move down to the lower level.

Mr. J just took the day off as he did not sleep well and after he does the food round up we are going to try out our new portable electric power washer. The patio and deck need some attention. With the winds it may turn into a soak fest but it will be warm enough for it. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, H2O said:

The scene where Captain Oveure goes through all the symptoms in 30 sec is pants wetting funny.  Every single time.

You can probably guess which Airplane line I liberally steal every time someone in the office starts a sentence with "Surely..."

EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

You can probably guess which Airplane line I liberally steal every time someone in the office starts a sentence with "Surely..."

EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

I wish I knew someone named Leon. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Power is out over here. Guessing it is the wind. 

Just looked the outage up.  They claim it will be restored by 3:30.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toolsheds said:

Just looked the outage up.  They claim it will be restored by 3:30.

Yea came back on at around 1. So may have been wind may have been something resulting from work somewhere. 

Neighbors in the neighborhood across from us said they heard a big boom and then it went. 

• Like 1

Took a half day and took a drive in the GN. Felt great to burn some drag radial rubber :bike:. Kept it short though . Too many trees on these back roads with serious winds .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LP08 said:

80s here.  Feels good.

Nice coozie!  Jealous of that look.  It’s in the low 50s here, windy, and overcast.  Mid 60s and sunny tomorrow though.  :sizzle:

• Like 1

Everyone is talking about how nice it is but for people with pollen its been nasty, high winds + 80s in spring is a bad combination. I can confirm, though it was nice to see some cherry blossoms nearby be out in flowers. Can't wait for the April Fools Snow Storm that will totally happen.  

• Haha 1

And if California slides into the ocean, like the mystics and statistics say it will, I predict:

No googling!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

That would blow over in 2 seconds here:lol: . Winds are relentless and temps dropping.  

Only time I had my hands off of it was for the pic.:drunk:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

Nice coozie!  Jealous of that look.  It’s in the low 50s here, windy, and overcast.  Mid 60s and sunny tomorrow though.  :sizzle:

If you want the look, you got to take the kids with it. :scooter:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I thought that was a straw and I was like, “Damn!!!”

Haha.  This variety pack is good with or without a straw!

@CAPE Ravens got Watkins. Hopefully he will stay healthy and help some. Not sure I see a big impact but if he can throw up 600 yards and 5 TDs, I’ll take it 

• Like 2

Had some beers at Pooles Island in middle River this evening. Crowded. Good stuff, several good stouts on draft still which i what I like. Had a barreled aged one that was quite good at 12.5%

Was going to take the Grand National to Hunt Valley tomorrow early for Cars and coffee but its canceled because of Covid :axe:. It's all outside ftlog. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Had some beers at Pooles Island in middle River this evening. Crowded. Good stuff, several good stouts on draft still which i what I like. Had a barreled aged one that was quite good at 12.5%

Where exactly is Pooles?

Miss taking my boat down dropping in at Middle river by Martin State Airport.  Hitting Riverwatch and Crazy Tuna .