• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February/March 2021 - Frigid or Flop? Pattern/Longterm Forecast Thread.

John1122

5 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Looks like the 6z Euro came north with the precip. for superbowl Sunday. Still not like the GFS, but a small step for it. 

Yeah 06z euro trended NW “only” by 200miles haha. IMO gfs family is on top of it. It nailed the heavy snow across NC while euro and others didn’t find it until a day or two out.

The 0z CMC has light snow along a frontal passage around Tuesday, but whiffs on Sunday and is suppressed with the Friday system.  We will find out if the GFS has "rediscovered" the old pattern or is on a wild tangent.   Normally, I would discount that business, but as Fountain notes...it has held its own this winter against the Euro.  Really would like the CMC to start trending towards something Sunday.   

17 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

As usual, I like to play "Guess the NAM run with the SREF." Looks like the 12z NAM may be closer to the GFS. 

1d5nlIL.png

sCEBWpD.png

I was just looking at the SREF Plumes as well. Knoxville went from 1 member showing snow to 5 showing an inch or more.

• Like 2

Looks like CMC precip shield is a bit more north compared to 00z, but the moisture still doesn't reach the TN valley. Fascinating to see these 2 different camps right now on each run. I think Carvers mentioned a few days ago that the phasing was just hours apart and I think that is what we are seeing with these model runs.

• Like 2

Just now, Wurbus said:

Looks like CMC precip shield is a bit more north compared to 00z, but the moisture still doesn't reach the TN valley. Fascinating to see these 2 different camps right now on each run. I think Carvers mentioned a few days ago that the phasing was just hours apart and I think that is what we are seeing with these model runs.

Good to see the CMC working back.  Tough for me to tell if the usual biases are in play right now or if US modeling has rediscovered the pattern from a few days ago...because this is pretty much what modeling had the other day with multiple events.  

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic