• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 7 - 8 ULL obs and nowcast

10 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

After being stagnant for hours, my temp is finally dropping a little with the heavier rain.  Currently 37/34 and if RadarScope p-types are accurate the change over is creeping up on Lenoir City.  I'd like to at least see a mix before I call it a night.

Again I’ll be following your overnight updates as I’m stuck in Powell.  

7 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

I had to turn on the flood lights to see it, but we have flurries/light snow in west Knox right now at 36 degrees.

I started out with small flakes and sleet/graupel. They got bigger and bigger pretty quickly. Hopefully that happens there. Once the snow gets going it drops the temp nicely. I'd say you'll quickly get to the lower 30s if you can get some decent snowfall rates. 

• Like 1

If you drew a line that continued I-75 from south of the 40 split northeast, that would be about the cut-off as of 2am of where the good stuff begins from what I can tell.  RadarScope is pressing the blue line into Loudon, Lenoir City, Oak Ridge and over towards Clinton.  I'm in the green but getting a 50/50 rain/snow slop.  Temp is slowly dropping, 35.6 on the weather station here with a dew point of 33.8.  Nothing sticking here yet.  Any hardcore snow junkies still up that can give some ground truth to I-75 guess?