Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

20 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

How's the water temp? I haven't been to squammy since early May

Not bad but not midsummer warm yet. The beach has really shrunk over the last few years, it can't even be 100 feet wide in most places anymore. If it got as crowded as it used to there wouldn't even be room for all the people.

We saw 100-101 on the dash in a bunch of places along the Merritt Pkwy on the way home yesterday. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gravitylover said:

Dry here. Looks like you're gonna get banged around a bit later. I'm hoping it's just wet here, gotta be out and doing stuff later and it would be a hassle dealing with storm damage and such.

The storm that popped up NW of Syracuse is visible on the KDIX radar, impressive.

52 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Dry here. Looks like you're gonna get banged around a bit later. I'm hoping it's just wet here, gotta be out and doing stuff later and it would be a hassle dealing with storm damage and such.

All my peppers got toppled last night, so I'll need to return them to a vertical position before any more storms this afternoon. The supporting wires are already in place, it's just a matter of tying the plants up. Still a bit of an arduous task in this heat since I have about 50 plants.

I'm not sure why my peppers are always so prone to, well, lying prone. I know excess N can cause corn stalks to fall over, but I don't know if that translates to other crops.

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

All my peppers got toppled last night, so I'll need to return them to a vertical position before any more storms this afternoon. The supporting wires are already in place, it's just a matter of tying the plants up. Still a bit of an arduous task in this heat since I have about 50 plants.

I'm not sure why my peppers are always so prone to, well, lying prone. I know excess N can cause corn stalks to fall over, but I don't know if that translates to other crops.

Good afternoon Julien. I place tomato cages on my few sad peppers. Considering the look of what’s around them, I feel they are grateful. As always ….

36 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good afternoon Julien. I place tomato cages on my few sad peppers. Considering the look of what’s around them, I feel they are grateful. As always ….

This used to be my solution as well until I simply had too many plants to buy cages for.

Not sure if you guys realized this, but it's a bit warm outside. POU already to 97

• Like 1

^^ Dude it was 100 or more in several spots around here yesterday and this morning when I started my truck the engine temp was 101.7 in the first 8 seconds when the gauge started reading indicating an air temp on that sunny spot was at least 100.

Some of my plants came through yesterday ok but today it's more bleak even though I stood there misting each bed for 15 to 20 minutes. Wilt is the name of the game :(

49 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

It may not hit 100 this month but I think our odds have improved of it happening in July.  YAY!

I'll take the under. Poughkeepsie hasn't done it since 2011. Admittedly that doesn't have a ton of predictive power, but with it being as rare as it is, I'd want to see some really beastly ridging on the ensembles. Means look pretty troughy through the first 10 and beyond.

QUUQBMz.png

• Like 1

I was near KSWF about 30 minutes ago and had winds around 40 from the outflow with the stronger cell to the north.

looks like a line trying to form currently.

Severe Thunderstorm Warning
NYC071-010000-
/O.NEW.KOKX.SV.W.0028.210630T2312Z-210701T0000Z/

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
National Weather Service New York NY
712 PM EDT Wed Jun 30 2021

The National Weather Service in Upton NY has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
  Northeastern Orange County in southeastern New York...

* Until 800 PM EDT.

* At 712 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Montgomery,
  or near Walden, moving northeast at 35 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and penny size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect damage to trees and power lines.

* This severe thunderstorm will be near...
  Montgomery around 715 PM EDT.
  Walden around 725 PM EDT.
  New Windsor and Gardnertown around 730 PM EDT.
  Newburgh around 735 PM EDT.

694100FB-9061-4EF2-996A-B8B58237589B.png

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

I was near KSWF about 30 minutes ago and had winds around 40 from the outflow with the stronger cell to the north.

looks like a line trying to form currently.

NYC071-010000-
/O.NEW.KOKX.SV.W.0028.210630T2312Z-210701T0000Z/

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
National Weather Service New York NY
712 PM EDT Wed Jun 30 2021

The National Weather Service in Upton NY has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
  Northeastern Orange County in southeastern New York...

* Until 800 PM EDT.

* At 712 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Montgomery,
  or near Walden, moving northeast at 35 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and penny size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect damage to trees and power lines.

* This severe thunderstorm will be near...
  Montgomery around 715 PM EDT.
  Walden around 725 PM EDT.
  New Windsor and Gardnertown around 730 PM EDT.
  Newburgh around 735 PM EDT.

694100FB-9061-4EF2-996A-B8B58237589B.png

I can confirm that as I was just south of that too and was impressed with the winds 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I'll take the under. Poughkeepsie hasn't done it since 2011. Admittedly that doesn't have a ton of predictive power, but with it being as rare as it is, I'd want to see some really beastly ridging on the ensembles. Means look pretty troughy through the first 10 and beyond.

QUUQBMz.png

If it does happen I think it will be after July 20th.  The heat post July 4th I've been looking at looks like it wont be at these extreme levels (low 90s perhaps?) and then it looks like we'll have a slight cool down (upper 70s and low 80s) going into the following weekend.

6 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

1.26" in the Stratus for a 24-hour total of 1.64". Tipper coming in way high at 2.06", but we excuse it during summer storm precip rates.

High for the day at home was 97. POU's 98.6F rounds up to tie the daily record of 99 set in 1964.

ahhh 98.6 aka body temp....I've always wondered why normal body temp feels so damned hot ;)

I hate that though, if it's going to be that hot it might as well be 100!

Stayed dry again yesterday, hoping for some wetness today. Not too much but a half inch or so would be nice and not all at once please. Thanx.

Two of the stations on my hill went over 100 yesterday. One has the station on the roof though so unless it's covered with snow it's always wrong, the other is well placed and it hit 101 with the others all at 98 or 99. I saw 100 or higher in a few spots on the dash yesterday too.