Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Major LES event-December 24-27

7 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Come on D I know this has you getting more excited 

I’m pumped but there’s still 48-60 hours till go time. Anything can happen. We’ve gotten burned too many times to be all in this far out. I’ll feel better if things still look like this tomorrow at this time. 

A little shift west and we get almost no synoptic snow and the flow is even more SW and the band ends up from NT to Lockport with a quick transition through the metro into the Southtowns.

A little shift east and yeah we might get an inch or two more synoptically but winds land up more Westerly and jackpots Southern Erie instead of metro BUF. 

We need this storm track to line up perfectly to get a 240 degree flow right into BUF.

That being said I’m happy that we at least have something to track and there should be a solid lake effect band somewhere in Erie/Niagara County. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I’m pumped but there’s still 48-60 hours till go time. Anything can happen. We’ve gotten burned too many times to be all in this far out. I’ll feel better if things still look like this tomorrow at this time. 

A little shift west and we get almost no synoptic snow and the flow is even more SW and the band ends up from NT to Lockport with a quick transition through the metro into the Southtowns.

A little shift east and yeah we might get an inch or two more synoptically but winds land up more Westerly and jackpots Southern Erie instead of metro BUF. 

We need this storm track to line up perfectly to get a 240 degree flow right into BUF.

That being said I’m happy that we at least have something to track and there should be a solid lake effect band somewhere in Erie/Niagara County. 

The way I’m interpreting things, which is often distorted normally, is that the mean flow as of now is SW with some members showing SSW...if it’s the latter then the verbiage says the band only moves a little south overnight which would jackpot us. If it’s the former we still get about 6 to 10 hours of +SN and about a foot...I cautiously like where we’re at right now

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

I never want to bring up ‘85 as it’s up there with ‘77 in many respects but this is hinting at some of our bigger events in LES history 

I'm just talking in terms of snowfall distribution, not impact. This will not be as big as that. But I think all of Erie county have 1-2' by Sunday afternoon.