• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

6 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

I'm dry slotted for now and in the mid 30s. 

@BhamParker Latest HRRR shows the Lake Michigan band aimed right at Sevier county between 8 and 10 PM.

giphy.gif

It also is seeing valley areas having a tough time over coming temps as the upper low's lift swings up the eastern valley. We'll see. 

Hope it hammers us! NWS forecast calling for 1 inch today and 2-4 tonight at this elevation. I like the look of that run you shared 

Hope it hammers us! NWS forecast calling for 1 inch today and 2-4 tonight at this elevation. I like the look of that run you shared 

I think I said 3-6” yesterday and I lean more towards 6” now. I’ve been in 6-8 different rain to snow upslope events in Gatlinburg/Wears Valley. My favorite one..... sometime around January 2006 or 07’ on a Friday we played golf at Laurel Valley in shorts and polos. Finished up and started smoking ribs and a pork butt around 4pm. Cold front moves in around 6 and it starts to rain. Wind picks up to 40-50mph and we lose power. By 8pm it’s snowing high ratio squalls that was easily over an inch an hour. By midnight we 6”. The reason I remember this the most is because the wind had a sound that I will never forget and forecast had a few snow showers in it with no accumulation.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Your temperature drop running ahead of schedule?

It is about on schedule. It was a slow process. I started dropping about 2.5 hours after Shocker. The 850 line runs from about Cumberland Gap to Murphy NC right now. It's probably past you and only clipping East Knox. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the precip today, even in the valley, is snow when its heavy, drizzle otherwise. 

• Like 2

It is about on schedule. It was a slow process. I started dropping about 2.5 hours after Shocker. The 850 line runs from about Cumberland Gap to Murphy NC right now. It's probably past you and only clipping East Knox. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the precip today, even in the valley, is snow when its heavy, drizzle otherwise. 

I’m down to 38-39ish. My point and click showed temps staying in the low 40’s until 5pm when they would start to drop

1 minute ago, PowellVolz said:

I’m down to 38-39ish. My point and click showed temps staying in the low 40’s until 5pm when they would start to drop emoji2369.png

My data on 850s was from 8am. It appears that as of 9am the 850 freezing line had cleared the entire state besides Bristol eastward. I wouldn't wager your temps will do anything but fall the rest of the day.  

• Like 1

MRX bumped my chance and totals back up again. 

Today
Rain showers or snow showers in the morning, then snow showers or rain showers likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch possible, especially over the higher elevations. Highs in the upper 30s to lower 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
Tonight
Cloudy. Snow showers likely until early morning, then a chance of snow showers late. Snow accumulation up to 2 inches. total snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible, especially over the higher elevations. Lows in the mid to upper 20s. West winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

• Like 2

Wow, it’s snowing pretty good up here at the cabin right now. We just came up from breakfast and I’m so surprised at it starting this early. I think this bodes well for later !

Good stuff! Looks like a nice little pulse rotating through now. PWS per Wunderground shows temps around 35°-36° around the 2500’ elevation mark. Any idea what elevation you are?

Keep us updated!

ab5c15edca5d68b11b49e86c7cd9eaab.jpg

Now down to 41F with a DP of 39. Was in and continue to be in the "dry pocket" (still some drizzle) but that much was a given thus far due to my location relative to the systems setup. Progression towards freezing is likely to accelerate as the front passes in the next hour. NWS is calling for an inch with models showing about 2 inches.

Looks like I'm an hour or two from the band in Kentucky getting here. Appears to generally be all snow. 

I think you are in a good spot. My area always does better when we see the flow out of the NNW. The mountains in Morgan/Anderson Co cause too much downsloping for me in a NW flow.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic