• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall/Winter Banter - Football, Basketball, Snowball?

John1122

I am looking to get a new weather station for my back yard at home... just not sure on a reasonably priced one to get that has good quality...a lot of options on Amazon... but not sure which one is best... don't want to bust the bank but not a cheap one either...

Looking for good options / recommendations... before I buy one... Thanks in advance for the help!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, tnwxwatcher said:

I am looking to get a new weather station for my back yard at home... just not sure on a reasonably priced one to get that has good quality...a lot of options on Amazon... but not sure which one is best... don't want to bust the bank but not a cheap one either...

Looking for good options / recommendations... before I buy one... Thanks in advance for the help!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LaCrosse is a good one for a reasonable price. As with anything, it's how much you want to spend. 

NFL weekend is going to be nuts! After being robbed in Cincy (Refs setting up last week excitement) KC looks for home field. 

KC's fate depends on Houston. Alas, that's the Titans game! Honestly Tennessee deserves home field, but of course I also have KC interests.

Finally Las Vegas and the Chargers Sunday night, win and in, lose and go home. Can't stand the Raiders. Go Chargers!

• Like 1

Tried to get a time lapse of the sunset atop Big Bald today and I couldn't take the cold long enough to do it.  Basically, sweating while running up to the top got me, was 3.7 up 3.7 down. My kessler pocket temp reader said it was between 9-13 degrees, with winds steady at 5-10 gusting into the 20 mph range. I would think subzero is possible later.

Screenshot_20220107-195550_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

Honestly liked the Tennessee energy at LSU; however, LSU was equally energetic and unconscious shooting. 

Back home can the Vols cover a 15+ spread hosting SC? Vols are going to win, just not sure by 15. In other SEC action Alabama hosts Auburn, which should be a great game.

Kansas 13 points over Iowa State is LOL. We are not that good even at home. LSU or Auburn would beat Kansas in Lawrence, lol!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Honestly liked the Tennessee energy at LSU; however, LSU was equally energetic and unconscious shooting. 

Back home can the Vols cover a 15+ spread hosting SC? Vols are going to win, just not sure by 15. In other SEC action Alabama hosts Auburn, which should be a great game.

Kansas 13 points over Iowa State is LOL. We are not that good even at home. LSU or Auburn would beat Kansas in Lawrence, lol!

66-46 and shot 44% from the free throw line!!!   LOL.  

Impressive blowout. Covered the spread and more. Too bad I was chicken to bet at -15.5 but I knew Tennessee would win.

Instead I took a stupid bet for KU against a ranked team. No spread but at least the W.

In other SEC news the basketball version of the Iron Bowl was entertaining.

12 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

66-46 and shot 44% from the free throw line!!!   LOL.  

Free throws will matter in closer games, esp at home where you gotta get the W.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Impressive blowout. Covered the spread and more. Too bad I was chicken to bet at -15.5 but I knew Tennessee would win.

Instead I took a stupid bet for KU against a ranked team. No spread but at least the W.

In other SEC news the basketball version of the Iron Bowl was entertaining.

Free throws will matter in closer games, esp at home where you gotta get the W.

Auburn is good.  Don't even get me started about how the SEC pretty much forced UT to fire Pearl only to let him come back to Auburn after his show cause was over.  So crooked.

UT is feast or famine during games.  Long scoring droughts and poor line-up rotations have kept us from winning some games. ZZ, Vescovi, and Chandler are the three we need getting time together, and consequently, the most minutes.  We don't have a dominant post game, so we are going to have to be slashers, drivers, and push the tempo.  They will need to rotate those guys around on defense so that they can manage their foul situations.  We are missing some pieces right now in the post, or this team could go deep.   Without consistent post play, our results will look similar to the LSU game.  

Tennessee description from @Carvers Gap is a carbon copy of Kansas. I'm not taking KU or UT on the road or if the spreads are wide at home. Speaking of LSU, they won again for me last night. @jaxjagman Auburn is also fun to watch.

Kentucky will be in the SEC mix of course. All I know is watching SEC basketball is much better than the Big 12 for my blood press. Sure I pull for Tennessee, but it's not quite as stressful as Kansas.

Debating on chasing this one to Boone, NC. Alot of hand ringing about the prospect of seeing a 24 plus inch snow, which is probably a once in a decade type snow, but also about the prospect of being able to drive  back to K-TRI for work next Tuesday or so. Dilema!

• Like 1

You could consider somewhere in West Virginia too. I-77 goes right up to Flattop Mtn and Winterplace Ski Area. Advantage is pretty much all Interstate getting back home. Believe driving time is surprisingly not much greater than that to NC. Also lower warm nose risk.

Finally a little birdie told me despite the MLK Day weekend, rooms remain available that way. Be careful about food though. Hearing many restaurants are closed due to staff illness. Sports betting is also legal in WV, lol!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

I'll go for 3/4 SEC. Kentucky Auburn LSU. Big 12 is competitive but none are consistent. Ditto Big 10 and ACC. 

Bama is not bad either when they have it going.  They play long and are fast.  I have to think the ACC and Big10 will have some teams that are really good by March.  TxTech and Kansas can ball.  TxTech plays great defense.  I think we have Texas coming to Knoxville at some point.  LSU looked incredible when we played them. They can put five guys on the court who all can legit score.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigbald said:

Debating on chasing this one to Boone, NC. Alot of hand ringing about the prospect of seeing a 24 plus inch snow, which is probably a once in a decade type snow, but also about the prospect of being able to drive  back to K-TRI for work next Tuesday or so. Dilema!

Roan Mtn might be a good spot as well.  Those cabins in the state park are nice, and have wood stoves.  Boone should be money.