• Member Statistics

    16,055
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers
    Joined
Itstrainingtime

Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

Recommended Posts

Full blown light to moderate drizzle currently. I think the Euro was better off when it was Dr. No (Dry), what a whiff on that in the short range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just passed .5" for the day which is more rain then every day combined since Isaias.  Less than 1/2" over 3.5 weeks. It feels like Christmas. Down to 59 degrees here.  That is fairly impressive. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We just passed .5" for the day which is more rain then every day combined since Isaias.  Less than 1/2" over 3.5 weeks. It feels like Christmas. Down to 59 degrees here.  That is fairly impressive. 

That is great news. I'm at .05" which is perfectly okay after getting 1.4" over the weekend. My temp has been slowly falling the past couple of hours, I'm at 67.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The RWS (Rouzerville Weather Service) almost official qpf totals for Met Summer 2020 will 5.75" (pending anything extra in the next 6 hours) making it both the hottest (on average) Summer in history as well as the driest per my discussion with a local met who assists with NWS reporting in Northern MD. This comes on the heels of the lowest snow total in modern recorded history making 2020 one of rarest weather seasons ever.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

Full blown light to moderate drizzle currently. I think the Euro was better off when it was Dr. No (Dry), what a whiff on that in the short range. 

The Euro has been terrible for months (not withstanding temps). It’s weird.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, canderson said:

The Euro has been terrible for months (not withstanding temps). It’s weird.  

It has been amazing with temps especially the 90's type. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paweather said:

New Thread Time?

Go for it!  We do not stand a chance of making 90 pages in here now unless a tropical storm came right up to us before 9/21.  Still mid 70's is impressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paweather said:

Done. First ever for me so I hope this will not be bad luck. :-) 

Everyone else has struck out for several years in a row now if one wants snow. Moving over. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Everyone else has struck out for several years in a row now if one wants snow. Moving over. 

This is false! 

Outside of last year, we have been on a great run of above average seasonal snow totals at MDT going back to 2014. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This is false! 

Outside of last year, we have been on a great run of above average seasonal snow totals at MDT going back to 2014. 

Eh, I guess its the big game hunter in me but getting 40" of snow in bites of 3-6" is not a "winner" at the end of the day but I can certainly see how others would see it that way.  I have been back for two full winters now and have only had to shovel 3-4 times of which the highest was 8" .  When I said a few years I was thinking back to 2016. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.