Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Woke up to a dead mouse outside too :huh:

I had a mouse rattling around in here late last night before I went to bed and suddenly heard it squeal and then go silent.  It was like that Obi-wan Kenobi quote where it must have felt "a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of mice suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."  :lol:

I managed to make it to 88 yesterday as a high and so far got to 91 today, where it wasn't as oppressive as yesterday.  Enjoyed an amazing cloud-free blue sky earlier this morning to boot. The puffy cumulus did reappear not long after and it's currently 90 and slowly falling.

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

Woke up to a dead mouse outside too :huh:

2 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I had a mouse rattling around in here late last night before I went to bed and suddenly heard it squeal and then go silent.  It was like that Obi-wan Kenobi quote where it must have felt "a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of mice suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."  :lol:

I managed to make it to 88 yesterday as a high and so far got to 91 today, where it wasn't as oppressive as yesterday.  Enjoyed an amazing cloud-free blue sky earlier this morning to boot. The puffy cumulus did reappear not long after and it's currently 90 and slowly falling.

I think we have an X-File on our hands.

• Weenie 1

I ended up getting 0.3" of rain between 11 pm and 1 am (0.21" + 0.09" respectively, at one point with 3/4"/hr rates).  So my monthly total is now up to 7.31".  Had been watching the front pushing the scattered cells this way before I went to bed and figured I might get hit by some, although I'm surprised they didn't fizzle before getting here.  (image below from when the last batch was exiting)

It was also relatively "cool" this morning with a low of 69 (had the same yesterday morning).  Currently mostly sunny and 78.

radar-07132020.png

• Like 1

Picked up .20" overnight. Despite all the recent rain, the ground is not soggy and my sump pump wells are dry. I'm sure there was a lot of run off on Friday, but just goes to show how dry it's been -- the lawn soaked up the rain like a sponge.

11 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I ended up getting 0.3" of rain between 11 pm and 1 am (0.21" + 0.09" respectively, at one point with 3/4"/hr rates).  So my monthly total is now up to 7.31".  Had been watching the front pushing the scattered cells this way before I went to bed and figured I might get hit by some, although I'm surprised they didn't fizzle before getting here.  (image below from when the last batch was exiting)

It was also relatively "cool" this morning with a low of 69 (had the same yesterday morning).  Currently mostly sunny and 78.

radar-07132020.png

Got around a quarter inch, and one thunderous boom at around 1AM.  

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

75F / DP 66 w/a breeze at 10:30 am...so really not bad at this point. May tackle the lawn/trim today before more humid a good chance of rain tomorrow then we cook from there on out...

I was out in the yard this morning, not bad at all with the high clouds and breeze. Enjoy it while it lasts, incoming summer of azz!  81F/ DP 67

50 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

I was out in the yard this morning, not bad at all with the high clouds and breeze. Enjoy it while it lasts, incoming summer of azz!  81F/ DP 67

i"m glad as hell I did the lawn/trim and other crap done. (Damn I'm beat !) Enjoying a cold one now...a nice bomer popup sometime this evening/tonight would make my night. Otherwise tomorrow we're due for some activity.

Ran some errands this morning and it was a nice, not-too-hot summer day.  Humidity has stayed low (dews in the 50s) and only got up to 83 as a high.  I even heard my 1st cicada here just as I was coming back from the store and into the house (had already heard one at my Upper Darby sis's house back on July 4).

Currently 80 and partly cloudy, knowing there is an incoming furnace. Will be making some batches of frozen margaritas for the weekend. :maphot:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stemwinder said:

Heard my first katydid tonight.  Yakking in the tree outside my Apartment. Seems a bit early for them, but the times are crazy.

Heard one Wednesday night here, then 2 or 3 last night. Agree about the early part. They don't usually overlap with lightning bugs much, but those guys are still at it, although winding down a bit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stemwinder said:

Heard my first katydid tonight.  Yakking in the tree outside my Apartment. Seems a bit early for them, but the times are crazy.

27 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Heard one Wednesday night here, then 2 or 3 last night. Agree about the early part. They don't usually overlap with lightning bugs much, but those guys are still at it, although winding down a bit.

You’re both ahead of me. No katydids or crickets here yet. I’m going comet hunting tonight and tomorrow (clear skies permitting), I’ll keep my ears open.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Glad you think that they are early too.  Thought I was going nuts.  Usually don't hear any until late in the month.  Likely the last week.

Interesting that they overlap with the lightning bugs which are still around.Insert other media

25 minutes ago, stemwinder said:

Glad you think that they are early too.  Thought I was going nuts.  Usually don't hear any until late in the month.  Likely the last week.

Interesting that they overlap with the lightning bugs which are still around.Insert other media

I haven't heard any yet either but didn't expect any till late July. (That's when I remember starting to hear them) I would imagine after this upcoming hot/humid period they'll start coming out little by little.

81F/ DP 73 (muggy)

• Thanks 1