Total Members
    Most Online
    MDweatherman
    Newest Member
    MDweatherman
MAG5035

Central PA - Spring 2020

11 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow, I thought you were getting rained on.  I was driving down 15 and when I passed 30 I looked West and the rain was heavy.   Sorry.

It was close.  Like a mile or 2 away at the house.   Officially 0.07” at the course.   Downtown Fairfield and Carroll Valley ended up with .50” :angry:

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, canderson said:

It’s be super sporty stuff. 90% chance you don’t see a drop I’d guess. 

Your typos make me laugh more than anyone else.  LOL.  Vroom, vroom...

I hope everyone gets at least enough to keep the yards looking nice.   Taking the first part of fathers day to mow the yard, parts of which have not been mowed at all in June due to dormancy.  Happy Fathers day to everyone. 

Speaking of dry weather, that Saharan dust that has been all the rage in terms of weather phenomena the last several days is clearly visible on the satellite. 

2127917265_ScreenShot2020-06-21at12_05_26PM.thumb.png.6875df3df33a34162c8d643cf9713ecc.png

5 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Speaking of dry weather, that Saharan dust that has been all the rage in terms of weather phenomena the last several days is clearly visible on the satellite. 

2127917265_ScreenShot2020-06-21at12_05_26PM.thumb.png.6875df3df33a34162c8d643cf9713ecc.png

Terminating 'Cane forecast as we speak. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

91 here now. Ready to welcome some wet weather anytime now.

Will see who wins the green grass for a day lottery in the next 4-5 hours. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

91 here now. Ready to welcome some wet weather anytime now.

There are cells N/W of DC that have your name written all over them.

Edit---And the moment I typed that it now has a more Northerly Trajectory.  More toward West York.

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

There are cells N/W of DC that have your name written all over them.

Edit---And the moment I typed that it now has a more Northerly Trajectory.  More toward West York.

Yeah...I see that. 

Really, I want rain for heat relief. My yard is still green but I realize that it can dry quickly these days. My heat index is 102 and I'm waving the flag of surrender now.

45 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yeah...I see that. 

Really, I want rain for heat relief. My yard is still green but I realize that it can dry quickly these days. My heat index is 102 and I'm waving the flag of surrender now.

I hear you.  Right now the storms look to split around Cashtown and I but we are getting some heat relief with the sun shunted.   

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I hear you.  Right now the storms look to split around Cashtown and I but we are getting some heat relief with the sun shunted.   

Not looking good again.    I don’t care about the house but the course needs rain 

6 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Not looking good again.    I don’t care about the house but the course needs rain 

That area south of Martinsburg is something for you to watch. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Call me realistically optimistic, but I look at the current radar and foresee many areas getting a bath in the next several hours...

It's expanding and forming as it goes.  We picked up a quick 1/4" but I am more rooting for Cash's golf course to get something.   This AM's HRRR was pretty decent.  Nam was underdone. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

The areas of Adams county not getting rain right now are minuscule so I am very much hoping you are going to score. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The areas of Adams county not getting rain right now are minuscule so I am very much hoping you are going to score. 

Line forming looks sweet.  Just need a bump East.  You should have got a nice hit at your place 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Storms are forming somewhat of a line from Clearfield southeast to northern MD, moving northeast.

Its down to 70 here if you get a chance to enjoy the sweet, sweet bursts of air being pulled down by raging rain. 

11 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Course ended up with an estimated .25”.  Here at the house 0.02”.  I’ll take it :weenie:

Seemed to tail off right when it got on your door step.   But still enough to feed the grass a bit. 

29 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Im pretty sure the line entirely missed me here in Camp Hill...lol

Had .1 from it. An impressive precip hole over Harrisburg down to Dillsburg.