Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

17 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Pond is overflowing again after less than an inch of rain. Water tables sure are high.

Here's a graph for over this way from 9/1/2020: https://waterdata.usgs.gov/ny/nwis/uv?cb_72019=on&format=gif_default&site_no=413428074085701&period=&begin_date=2020-09-01&end_date=2020-11-12

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Cool stuff! It's interesting to see how much ground still needs to be made up to get to winter/spring levels.

7 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Cool stuff! It's interesting to see how much ground still needs to be made up to get to winter/spring levels.

What I find interesting is clicking on different locations to see the different depths of the water table, which of course is impacted by geology. The two locations in Dutchess for example are much deeper than that one in Montgomery. 

20 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

That's a cool page. Thanks. Too bad there's only one well in my area.

Mighty soggy day today. 44* and drizzly, yuck.

7 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Wet spring led to a lot of growth, then when it dried out that growth took off. The leaf carpet in my backyard is definitely thicker than usual.

Maybe.  I was thinking, because it seems the leaves on my roof and deck were especially voluminous, that it was due to the fact that I had the large oak tree which is right next to the house/deck, pruned last year.

Well that was fun. Tornado warning and we headed for the basement. Of course I stood outside and listened for it. I could hear the wind absolutely roaring but there wasn't much wind here which was weird. Then I saw a few minutes later that just north of me in Brewster they got whacked pretty hard. I think our member drvts was right in the line of the rotation but he might be 2 or 3 miles too far west.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Agree on the roar of the winds as the line came through around 8pm but luckily the wind stayed above me, my highest gust was 26mph around 3:30pm which obviously had nothing to do with the storms. 

Wind gusts in the mid 30s here. No mixing down with the squall line (thankfully). 0.38 in the bucket yesterday.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Wind gusts in the mid 30s here. No mixing down with the squall line (thankfully). 0.38 in the bucket yesterday.

Yeah, it looked impressive on radar but thankfully the lack of instability kept the strongest winds overhead. Still managed to lose a 40+ foot white pine limb near the house, and one of my patio heaters went flying and got banged up.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Snow/grauple squall whitened the ground here earlier, sufficient to count as 0.1". Actually had to scrape my windshield, annoyingly enough.

Morning, Julian, Irish.  Our streets remained unsalted so I guess none of that was a major threat for the city. As always....

• Like 2