• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr

Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

I had to run over to Ridgefield CT and we took my BRZ. It's unfortunately still running the 3 season tires so that was a "challenging" drive home. My wife wasn't enjoying it nearly as much as I was :) In all seriousness those first 2/3" really made a mess of the roads because it was so cold.

2 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I had to run over to Ridgefield CT and we took my BRZ. It's unfortunately still running the 3 season tires so that was a "challenging" drive home. My wife wasn't enjoying it nearly as much as I was :) In all seriousness those first 2/3" really made a mess of the roads because it was so cold.

Yup the ground temperature is cold. I have the same about 2/3” of an inch. I used the blower instead of a shovel and it came clean off the pavers and deck surfaces. It’s amazing how the the dewpt jumped from 7 to 19 in two hours. Currently 19/19

4 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Yup the ground temperature is cold. I have the same about 2/3” of an inch. I used the blower instead of a shovel and it came clean off the pavers and deck surfaces. It’s amazing how the the dewpt jumped from 7 to 19 in two hours. Currently 19/19

18/15. It just started snowing heavily again and the temp dropped a degree instantly.

16 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

18/15. It just started snowing heavily again and the temp dropped a degree instantly.

Yup just after making the last post it started up again and the temperature also dropped 1 degree. Another quick 1/3” in a half an hour.

• Like 1

Well, whether it be by changeover or shutoff, looks like most of us will be done with accumulations inside of 90 minutes. Fast-moving system with collapsing forcing mechanisms ftl.

Considering that I'm at about where I figured I'd finish if it snows like this for another 90 minutes I'm going to end up over 5" rather than the 3 I'm at now. Fingers crossed I avoid the changeover and get to 5".

Temp is creeping up though, I'm at 20 now still on a very light SE wind so yeah, we'll see.

• Like 2

FWIW, here's the "low end amount" forecast from this morning. The frequency with which I get less or more snow than the worst- and best-case scenario maps, respectively, seems to suggest that the probabilities need fine-tuning. The difference between 2.8" and 3-4" is negligible, but still... the 'you will definitely get at least this much' amount should be lower in these situations.

Rxy7Dif.png

I expected 3, got 5 but it changed to rain :( Im pretty sure there was 20 minutes of sleet but we were at dinner with friends so I only saw it out the window. There's a very wet, very dense 3-3 1/2 on the ground now and it's 31°. 

11 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

3.1 will do it here. Have to say the models had a good call on this one for a few days. 

It was nice to have a relatively straightforward system for once. Of course there were the typical p-type and qpf questions, but like you say the synoptics had been pretty much pinned down for days in advance. 

• Like 1