• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Grinch 2018 Screamin Sou'easter Disco and Obs

CT Valley Snowman

I’m actually serious. You always are higher and it seems strange to me. Maybe it’s right, but it’s drawing Scooter flags. I called the dude out in my town about his winds too. They are always high...too high.   He’s anemometer is like 10’ off the ground he he showed a gust to 70. That just seems off. Maybe dendrite would know if they can read too high. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lol I know exactly what I am doing, Mr took you a year to put a Davis up, stick to analysis of Pireps

If your reports are from a stratus that is well placed and away from roof blowoff, leafdrop etc then cool. I’m more speaking of whatever digital intrsument you use. Like I said, the dude in N Weymouth simply has incorrect wind reports. We know Logan undercatches etc. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

If your reports are from a stratus that is well placed and away from roof blowoff, leafdrop etc then cool. I’m more speaking of whatever digital intrsument you use. Like I said, the dude in N Weymouth simply has incorrect wind reports. We know Logan undercatches etc. 

My stratus is well away from any roof tree, based on the line from Oakdale Ct to Taunton I am well within their readings and they have missing days. I also melt snowfall, take core samples. Dedicated to the science and to have you question that is typical Scooter BS

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

My stratus is well away from any roof tree, based on the line from Oakdale Ct to Taunton I am well within their readings and they have missing days. I also melt snowfall, take core samples. Dedicated to the science and to have you question that is typical Scooter BS

It’s my job. When you are always higher i question. I figured you’d get all bent out of shape. I know you aren’t lying....but I know for a fact you can screw around with gauges that aren’t a stratus and get bad readings. If I was always higher or lower it would make me want to take a closer look. I mean look around this last storm. You beat those in the firehose and half inch higher than others in your county and N Foster just to your east. 

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Your job? Lol the Bad data Santa of all of NE, all hail the ASOS king.  Kind of figured you didn’t know about 2 day reports. East Brooklyn directly NW of me had .1 less than me. Bad Data Santa. Beat those in the firehouse? You mean 2.65 2 day is more than the 3.5 s in WCT. Got it. There were 39 CoCorahs stations in CT that got more than me. Some day you will understand you can’t calibrate a Stratus

LOL you are taking this way to personally. What you should say is “Scooter my station and stratus are very close in most storms and the data seems accurate.” Or “Scooter my stratus is in a good spot and not prone to any issues with drop run off from trees or splashoff from roof.”  

Im well aware of totals. I went by BOX totals which defintely were less than what you have and it happens frequently. So naturally I hope you understand why it could arouse some suspicion. And all those branches hitting the house...hope stratus is far from that. 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

You’re consistently higher than most all the time. Recalibrate gauge? Dogs urinating in stratus?

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Stations 80 miles from your house aren’t a good proxy. 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL you are taking this way to personally. What you should say is “Scooter my station and stratus are very close in most storms and the data seems accurate.” Or “Scooter my stratus is in a good spot and not prone to any issues with drop run off from trees or splashoff from roof.”  

Im well aware of totals. I went by BOX totals which defintely were less than what you have and it happens frequently. So naturally I hope you understand why it could arouse some suspicion. And all those branches hitting the house...hope stratus is far from that. 

You quoted North Fosters 24 hr total which was .02 less than mine. You want to be bad data Santa at least use correct comparisons. Stations in a line  80 miles long all getting within an inch of each other. FYI I cut all the branches down in April and they were no where near the stratus. Yes I take it personally because it’s science not some game especially your accusations are that CoCorahs folks are not doing due diligence.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You quoted North Fosters 24 hr total which was .02 less than mine. You want to be bad data Santa at least use correct comparisons. Stations in a line  80 miles long all getting within an inch of each other. FYI I cut all the branches down in April and they were no where near the stratus. Yes I take it personally because it’s science not some game especially your accusations are that CoCorahs folks are not doing due diligence.

The number I saw was at 11pm yesterday so you are correct they had more after. But using Monroe CT to justify your total would give the state climatologist a heart attack. You should find others close to you. All I am saying is that you stand out at times in storm totals from nearby towns. Relax. You’re taking it way too personally. 

Steve you took this way too personal. I literally just asked about the storm total since it seemed high and noticed it before. Jesus you’d think I accused you of lying. In any science, it’s perfectly ok to ask. Stuff gets thrown out all the time after being QCd. Didn’t Fisher bust your chops yesterday?

I look at coop and other data all the time. Some of it is suspicious when totals vary over a half inch within 5 miles from a synoptic event. Not many know or understand the intracacies of taking obs. I know you do, but speaking of a more wider issue.