• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Accuweather Forums Closing

Sugarloaf1989

I received this e-mail a few hours ago, informing me that the Accuweather forums are closing on 12-31-18. I joined there in 2008, before I heard about this forum. It was mostly posters from the mid-Atlantic, but there where a few from New England. We may get some refugees coming over.

AccuWeather appreciates all the time you have spent on The AccuWeather Forums, and we have enjoyed providing you a safe and helpful platform to discuss weather with other like-minded weather enthusiasts. 

Due to resource constraints, AccuWeather has made the decision to retire the Forums. As of today, December 18, 2018, you may no longer post or send private messages in the Forums. You may, however, read and review existing Forum posts from now through December 31, 2018.  On that date, the Forums will permanently shut down, and will no longer be accessible. Your account information and Forum posts will be deleted and not stored.

20 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I received this e-mail a few hours ago, informing me that the Accuweather forums are closing on 12-31-18. I joined there in 2008, before I heard about this forum. It was mostly posters from the mid-Atlantic, but there where a few from New England. We may get some refugees coming over.

AccuWeather appreciates all the time you have spent on The AccuWeather Forums, and we have enjoyed providing you a safe and helpful platform to discuss weather with other like-minded weather enthusiasts. 

Due to resource constraints, AccuWeather has made the decision to retire the Forums. As of today, December 18, 2018, you may no longer post or send private messages in the Forums. You may, however, read and review existing Forum posts from now through December 31, 2018.  On that date, the Forums will permanently shut down, and will no longer be accessible. Your account information and Forum posts will be deleted and not stored.

The closing of the forums has been known for quite some time. A member of the Accu Weather Forums started a new site a few months ago. Many of the Accu Weather Forum members have joined the new site. 

Each forum has a unique personality, which makes the users become very picky where they go. Orphaned users will look for a new forum that best matches the characteristics and personality of their old forum. Each individual forum is also guilty of thinking their own forum is the best, and freely trash talk other forums. For those reasons i dont forsee a flood of new members