Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

3 hours ago, RedSky said:

Significant change

If by the heat outlook, you may be right. What was looking like a weekend of upper 90's even up here in coal country now looks like maybe upper 80's to around 90 at best per the GFS. Outside of the I-95 heat islands, the major heat seemed to have backed off a bit...

It has been misting/drizzling/spritzing on and off all day but not enough to tip a bucket.  Hit a high of 74 after a low of 62.  Currently 73 with very light rain (enough to start to moisten the walks and streets).

Regarding the GFS - I think we have seen enough times where it spots the general idea in the long range, then has 2nd thoughts in the mid-range, and then goes back to its initial idea (with modifications) in the short range, so we might see a shift again (regarding weekend temps), in the next day or so.

Hi today in Chester County was 68.7 for the month of June through today we are averaging 1 degree below normal. If the month ended today this would mark our 6th below normal month in the last 8 months in the County. Certainly a heat wave incoming for lower spots and Philly. Here in NW Chesco WXSIM does show actually forecast 2 days over the next 9 days  90+  those being on Monday at 90 and Tuesday at 91...but 87 or higher every day from Sunday through next Friday.  

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Prior to the big heat, I'd really like to see some rain tonight. Starting to get dry here. Models show near nada (NAMs) to around an inch (most of the rest). NWS is sort of in the middle (imby more or less). No rain dud tonight please!

We'll get something....you can see it building to the west, a tad south of Pitt. 

Rain is another bust here tonight, epic stretch of futility 

18z GFS and to some degree the afternoon ECM not only bring back the torch from hell but they extend it into a murderous stretch. Find myself getting way pissed at computer modeling these days, this is not the kind of thing we would have seen in the past vanish and come back at this short a lead.

Got 0.02" of rain around 2 am this morning but currently there's been quite a bit of lighting for awhile now, off to the west, but no rain at the moment.  Not hearing thunder but the lightning has been pretty significant. Temp is 72 and the air is thick with dps in the 70s.  

Not sure this line holds enough to hit me but it might -

radar-06282018.png

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Nothing yet but some nice lightning and thunder in the distance...

di.jpg

I figured you might get smacked from that.  The flow is coming up from the south but the whole line is moving to the east.  Will see if it stays together enough to give me something.  There has certainly been almost continuous lightning off to the west that I am seeing from here.

3 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Absolutely dumping rain here. Just had a bolt of lightning strike near by. (Can't remember if I remembered to roll up the car windows last evening :()

You just reminded me that I probably should crack the windows open a bit in my car this weekend so it doesn't become an Easy-Bake Oven.

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I figured you might get smacked from that.  The flow is coming up from the south but the whole line is moving to the east.  Will see if it stays together enough to give me something.  There has certainly been almost continuous lightning off to the west that I am seeing from here.

I think it will although a quick hitter...

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Wow - KYW traffic reporter Sam Clover just said he just got a call that "there was hail in Horsham".

It must be on the upper part of Horsham and right on my doorstep....I have nothing right now but a ton of lightning and deep throat rolling thunder.