Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

7 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

While reading your posts the first word that came to mind was clueless. The second word that came to mind is do-gooder because you are one of those individuals who is more concerned with protecting the rights of criminals than you are with protecting the rights of crime victims.

A minor offense?? Pun intended?? A play on words??? He was arrested on 3 different charges including attempting to sell cocaine to minors. The vast majority of parents do not consider it to be a minor offense when someone attempts to sell cocaine to their kid. At the very least he should have been under house arrest while wearing an ankle bracelet. He should have been sitting in a cell in jail while awaiting trial.

A tragic incident??...oh you mean the murder of an on duty police officer and the murder of a woman who was an innocent bystander. Please explain to the families of both of the murder victims how those types of tragic incidents shouldn't be all that concerning to them because hey we have to protect the criminals.

Shouldn't your time be  better spent starting a Go Fund Me account to help with the defense costs of the trial?? Or are you going to attend his arraignment and attempt to make a case for "Pre-Trial release without cash"????

nzucker is far from what you describe him. kids been through and seen alot. Because someone has a viewpoint of not overcrowding an already overcrowded prison system doesn’t mean he is protecting criminal rights and disregarding rights of victims. come on with this black and white no grey area talk. It’s such a complicated issue no post, even at Tip’s length, will be able to disect it. 

I’m pro black lives matter but that does NOT mean I am anti white lives matter or anti cops lives matter lol. Come on people, expand your brain it is not a one size fits all. Lets go.

8 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Yeah we're all criminal attorneys but we much prefer to be here discussing more important matters such as how far west the WAR builds and how ERod's injury is a cause for concern going forward. 

you are all criminal attorneys LMAO. Im literally before these so called liberal judges every week, i can assure you, most judges are very tough. 

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Both sides including you are part of the problem, dealing coke to kids and violent behavior should at minimum require home confinement while awaiting trial.  The constant letting repeat offenders back on the streets is also part of the problem. I agree put drug users in rehab put drug Dealers in jail 

I love his idea of putting guys in jail destroys society. What really destroys society is  having those "hard working" repeat offenders on the loose!

Just now, psv88 said:

you are all criminal attorneys LMAO. Im literally before these so called liberal judges every week, i can assure you, most judges are very tough. 

You practice in Mass? Look up all the incidents in Mass. Happens too much. We are not talking about users of drugs we are referring to dealers and violent offenders. Huge huge huge difference 

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Both sides including you are part of the problem, dealing coke to kids and violent behavior should at minimum require home confinement while awaiting trial.  The constant letting repeat offenders back on the streets is also part of the problem. I agree put drug users in rehab put drug Dealers in jail 

i am part of the problem? You have no clue what you are talking about. The constitution affords every defendant the right to a fair trial and to representation by an attorney, i am part of the solution, not the problem. I also know what i am talking about, as i negotiate plea deals with judges and prosecutors all the time. I dont represent drug dealers, but i do represent those who have DUIS, drug arrests, and sometimes lesser violent crimes (all of my clients have served jail time for these). With the drug arrests, the judges really push rehabilitation, but around here, they are very strict with DUIs, and violent crimes forget it. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

nzucker is far from what you describe him. kids been through and seen alot. Because someone has a viewpoint of not overcrowding an already overcrowded prison system doesn’t mean he is protecting criminal rights and disregarding rights of victims. come on with this black and white no grey area talk. It’s such a complicated issue no post, even at Tip’s length, will be able to disect it. 

I’m pro black lives matter but that does NOT mean I am anti white lives matter or anti cops lives matter lol. Come on people, expand your brain it is not a one size fits all. Lets go.

What exactly has Nzucker been through.. Expand your brain. Drug dealers to kids and violent offenders should be locked up. What does BLM have to do with any of this anyways.

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Well that's just it. The laws are black and white. Please find a law that has exceptions written into it. And let me make this perfectly clear this issue isn't about race at all!! 

2 minutes ago, psv88 said:

i am part of the problem? You have no clue what you are talking about. The constitution affords every defendant the right to a fair trial and to representation by an attorney, i am part of the solution, not the problem. I also know what i am talking about, as i negotiate plea deals with judges and prosecutors all the time. I dont represent drug dealers, but i do represent those who have DUIS, drug arrests, and sometimes lesser violent crimes (all of my clients have served jail time for these). With the drug arrests, the judges really push rehabilitation, but around here, they are very strict with DUIs, and violent crimes forget it. 

Like I said you meaning your profession is partly to blame. You dealing with users have my sympathy.  Hopefully they get help.  Repeat DUI offenders on the other hand..... need help and their licenses removed until they can prove they are alcohol free. 

2 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Well that's just it. The laws are black and white. Please find a law that has exceptions written into it. And let me make this perfectly clear this issue isn't about race at all!! 

This just shows that you dont have any understanding of the law. The laws regarding sentencing are not black and white.

Here is why. The prosecutor has the ability to agree to let the defendant plea down to a lesser offense, i.e. a different law than applied to the initial crime, and accordingly, a different penalty. 

The judge then has the discretion as to approve or not approve the plea deal, and can on his or her own, increase or decrease the sentence. There is a lot of leeway from both the prosecutors and the judge on every case. not black and white at all.

11 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I love his idea of putting guys in jail destroys society. What really destroys society is  having those "hard working" repeat offenders on the loose!

It does actually, it’s been researched/studied by the best and proven. 

We shouldnt let repeat offenders on the loose, that is obvious, and not the point. 

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What exactly has Nzucker been through.. Expand your brain. Drug dealers to kids and violent offenders should be locked up. What does BLM have to do with any of this anyways.

Can you tame your anger a bit and read my earlier posts with clarity. Not debating violent repreat offenders or drug dealing to kids. 

Just now, psv88 said:

This just shows that you dont have any understanding of the law. The laws regarding sentencing are not black and white.

Here is why. The prosecutor has the ability to agree to let the defendant plea down to a lesser offense, i.e. a different law than applied to the initial crime, and accordingly, a different penalty. 

The judge then has the discretion as to approve or not approve the plea deal, and can on his or her own, increase or decrease the sentence. There is a lot of leeway from both the prosecutors and the judge on every case. not black and white at all.

Did I mention sentencing? Reading comprehension??

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Oh so tomorrow you will be defending one of those "hard working guys" Thanks for letting us know.

I guess you have reading comprehension problems, dont represent drug dealers. And yes, all of my clients have jobs, and missing work for court appearances is hard on them. We only represent clients with money to  pay us, and they all must show they have a steady job.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It does actually, it’s been researched/studied by the best and proven. 

We shouldnt let repeat offenders on the loose, that is obvious, and not the point. 

Can you tame your anger a bit and read my earlier posts with clarity. Not debating violent repreat offenders or drug dealing to kids. A

Not angry just flabbergasted that people think this was an incident or that its ok to let hard drug dealers selling to minors back on the streets with no supervision.  

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Did I mention sentencing? Reading comprehension??

Sentencing is part of the law. It is written directly into the penal code...misdemeanor, $1000 fine to 1 year in jail, etc. That is in the actual LAW, and there is discretion written into it. Just stop, leave the law to the lawyers.

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

I guess you have reading comprehension problems, dont represent drug dealers. And yes, all of my clients have jobs, and missing work for court appearances is hard on them. We only represent clients with money to  pay us, and they all must show they have a steady job.

Have you ever defended someone successfully that you knew was guilty?

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not angry just flabbergasted that people think this was an incident or that its ok to let hard drug dealers selling to minors back on the streets with no supervision.  

Literally nobody is arguing that. Talk about straw man/moving the goal posts. Bump a post to that effect. 

By the way, part of any plea deal is probation, which is supervision, this includes arrests for possession.

• Like 2

Just now, psv88 said:

Sentencing is part of the law. It is written directly into the penal code...misdemeanor, $1000 fine to 1 year in jail, etc. That is in the actual LAW, and there is discretion written into it. Just stop, leave the law to the lawyers.

Just go defend those "hard working guys"

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

Users and drinkers aren't dealers and violent repeat offenders so you aren't really understanding any of what we are saying. Done talking about it as Grandpa want us to go OT with it

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I have moved away from this tragedy like 10 posts ago and tried to talk about how we can’t predict human behavior. We jail the wrong people and let bad people out in society all the time.

What can we do to not have school/church/club mass killings, put bad people away while also having a more rehab approach for those who simply just made a bad mistake and got caught???? 

3 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Literally nobody is arguing that. Talk about straw man/moving the goal posts. Bump a post to that effect. 

By the way, part of any plea deal is probation, which is supervision, this includes arrests for possession.

Um thatis exactly what we have been talking about since my first post. You interjected your experience with users and drunks. 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Users and drinkers aren't dealers and violent repeat offenders so you aren't really understanding any of what we are saying. Done talking about it as Grandpa want us to go OT with it

I will say i have spoken with some criminal attorneys who have gotten violent offenders off and it does bother them at times. I could never do it personally, but everyone is entitled to representation, and if the prosecutor fails to prove their case, then it is what it is.