joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Euro continues to show a n-nw-nnw wind in its long rang, spraying the whole south shore with high ratio snow and temps in the single digits..

I believe it was 2009-10 that a pattern close to the one coming up gave all of the niagara frontier heavy les from huron, Ontario and Georgian Bay, in fact it was niagara falls biggest snowfall over 37 inches of pure fluff fell. If that vector is correct that could be a repeat, not to that extreme, but more snow in non traditional areas.

Yeah, maybe 3" here, but very windy as some winds must have mixed down during heavier bursts of precip but other than that, pretty benign, really!  But we really weren't supposed to get anything significant anyway, lol. We're a spoiled bunch because of LO thats a fact, as it can have up to 8"/hr rates as LEK and I chased a band once East near Pulaski, and it literally snowed 2" in 15 minutes, which blew my mind as it just came straight down with no wind at all, as most of the wind is on the outer edge of the intense bands when they hit, but its calm in the middle wind wise!

Archived