• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Looks like from this distance that the winds start SW go to W then go WNW as the week goes on...bottom line all areas SHOULD see a healthy snow pack by end of next week.

Your awfully optimistic, I don’t see anything outside of lake effect areas (E and SE) of the lakes that looks even remotely impressive. I see KBUF going under 6” for the rest of December... 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Phillifan22 said:

12Z Euro speeds up the trough, and has the coastal low further east for Xmas. I bet all the NE forum people are gonna go into depression, especially after the 12Z GFS caved to the 00Z Euro. Not much of a change for WNY just a bit less snow. Still looks great for LES due east of the lakes after Xmas next week! 

You have that backwards, todays 12Z EURO completely caved to todays 12Z GFS, so to me the GRS wins a coup for the event for Christmas as it is now a non evenmt except for the usual places downwind of the great lakes on a w-wnw wind flow regime through at least Thursday in one form or another.

Here was 00Z EURO

ecmwf_slp_qpf6_noram_19.thumb.png.65eea6e4158b10b8aa6db1a6a1a763e8.png

Todays 12Z EURO

ecmwf_slp_qpf6_noram_17.thumb.png.fac384e0739ff0a5d9cd3179efa5cd8a.png

Todays 12Z GFS

gfs_slp_6qpf_noram_17.thumb.png.e116bff4b8770c63b92e4da4009c803c.png

SWVA, you'll be buried by the day your supposed to leave.  You might not be able to leave, lol!

46 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Your awfully optimistic, I don’t see anything outside of lake effect areas (E and SE) of the lakes that looks even remotely impressive. I see KBUF going under 6” for the rest of December... 

Stop the pessimism. There will be plenty of S/W roundingthe base of the PV to spread the winds around.  NWS KBUF already states this in their discussion. The euro caving is a bit of a bummer, however it is odd the 12z GFS went westward and the 12z euro went east. If the European ends up correct then the S/W coming out of the plains that never phases with the EC low will undoubtedly back the winds out ahead of it through monday night...then go Westerly and eventually wnw.

1 minute ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Lots of moisture headed our way!

5a3c152fc558f_700mb_sf(1).gif.6a018065e4414c6b932d7f2903186406.gif

I am only talking about the Christmas eve into Christmas event Tim.  Not tonights or Saturdays.

Imo the euro idea or the previous gfs idea of the 2 LP's not phasing is unrealistic...the chance the front moves as far to the coast as suggested by both camps would be difficult based on two things, the SE ridge and the second wave of moisture on saturday would hang up the front allowing the two to merge.

4 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Minor differnce. Yesterday gfs showed nothing. Came more to euro idea

Theres 3 systems, which of the 3 are you referring to?  If your referring to Saturdays, yeah there's little difference but of your talking about CHristmas Event then it was a huge difference, from theser eyes.  I guess everyone sees what they wanna see, lol!

GFS was void of any Christmas event for days, and Vice Versa as the Euro has an event on Christmas, now it has squat, lol!

6 minutes ago, vortmax said:

BUF still calling for SE winds and 40+ on Saturday... 

Latest AFD is less bullish on any real warmth saturday and it appears most areas while getting above the freezing mark may top out in mid 30's Saturday...as for the Xmas eve system CNY is correct in a huge flip flop. Euro gives most of CWA nothing and GFS wouldbe a decent event. Still crazy that theses "super computers" can't pinpoint a storms track 60 hours from now nut that's a conversation for another thread. 

3 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Latest AFD is less bullish on any real warmth saturday and it appears most areas while getting above the freezing mark may top out in mid 30's Saturday...as for the Xmas eve system CNY is correct in a huge flip flop. Euro gives most of CWA nothing and GFS wouldbe a decent event. Still crazy that theses "super computers" can't pinpoint a storms track 60 hours from now nut that's a conversation for another thread. 

I'll be happy when I start seeing them lower their temps... 

Regarding the models, until all the pieces of energy get onshore, they usually have a tough time. 

Archived