Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

1 hour ago, RVASnowLover said:

RGEM is a step back too. Damn smh. Meanwhile it crushes the DMV on the backside. Of course people in that thread are going crazy over it and popping bottles and hugging it 

18z GFS had more snow before any changeover than DC total! Lol ironic if it worked out that way. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RVASnowLover said:

Hate to say it but unless we get lucky and the cold can hang on longer w'ere looking at an inch or two, maybe 3. 

That's been the likely outcome here for a few days now besides a few wonky model  runs..

Definitely need it to come in sooner then later.. not sure if that overrunning front end  that is down in NC will make it up this way it looks like its dying out a bit...

10 minutes ago, RVASnowLover said:

Hate to say it but unless we get lucky and the cold can hang on longer w'ere looking at an inch or two, maybe 3. 

I still don’t trust the models and the placement of the low. A 50 mile shift is entirely possible in any direction and can completely change the game. Also, the models tend to under estimate CAD in our area. 

Don’t jump yet!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

I still don’t trust the models and the placement of the low. A 50 mile shift is entirely possible in any direction and can completely change the game. Also, the models tend to under estimate CAD in our area. 

Don’t jump yet!

I don’t jump ship until I know for sure. When I see rain line start moving in our area then I’ll jump 

Just now, RVASnowLover said:

Looking at radar that area of snow to our west should be here around midnight-1

I’m starting to agree that 3-3.5” is going to be near our total. We’ll see once it gets here, and after the rain, who knows what. I’m about ready to start searching for the next threat, but won’t pass up the ability to Nowcast