joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA ❄️ Winter 2017-2018

north pgh

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If NAM is right we get some of the heaviest snow between 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM. 
If that happens there will be some tired people on Saturday because I and probably most people will be up late tomorrow night.
I have to work Saturday, but I'll call off if it gets really bad.....or I stay up way too late watching it. ;)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:

I'd love to just lock that one in, but I don't want to get my hopes up since it's the NAM and we still have the GFS and Euro to go yet. Although, we're getting into more of the NAM's range now, so we'll see. We all know how much more juiced up the NAM can be.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I mean it is probably a bit to juiced up but it's pretty well in line with 12z Euro look with that band of snow. 

Even though nobody is watching this aspects because there focused on the winter side of the storm.

The 850mb jet is over 70kts in some spots up to 100kts, 925mb jet is like 50 kts. MUCape in pockets are atleast 200 j/kg, environment is favorable for quick spin ups, and i have counted a total of 20 small quick ones, one lasted from Beaver Valley to Butler area.   Terminal Doppler Radar comes in handy in these low cape high shear type of environment.

I won't harp on any forecasts till noon tmw till the front is about 100 miles west of us

It's like the environment of the Plum Tornado from mid November but pretty much all night till 4 am or so

3 minutes ago, JPOracle said:

Even though nobody is watching this aspects because there focused on the winter side of the storm.

The 850mb jet is over 70kts in some spots up to 100kts, 925mb jet is like 50 kts. MUCape in pockets are atleast 200 j/kg, environment is favorable for quick spin ups, and i have counted a total of 20 small quick ones, one lasted from Beaver Valley to Butler area.   Terminal Doppler Radar comes in handy in these low cape high shear type of environment.

I won't harp on any forecasts till noon tmw till the front is about 100 miles west of us

It's like the environment of the Plum Tornado from mid November but pretty much all night till 4 am or so

Go away.

Just now, KPITSnow said:

Go away.

Don't tell me too, but i called the Blizzard of 2010 before any of you had a clue because i know the climate around here.  I know my stuff. After being into weather for 20 years of my life.

I'm a help here not a troll, so don't tell me  KPITSnow i respect you because you know your stuff too, but hills cause localized spin it doesn't take an idiot to figure that out.

Archived