• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    McHenrySnow
    Newest Member
    McHenrySnow
George BM

November Discobs Thread

If it wasn't for all the exuberance surrounding our fancy LR NWP schemes, these sunny blue skies...mild afternoons and seasonably chilly mornings would be reminding me much more of January 2002 then December 1989 or 2005. 

1 hour ago, RIC_WX said:

If it wasn't for all the exuberance surrounding our fancy LR NWP schemes, these sunny blue skies...mild afternoons and seasonably chilly mornings would be reminding me much more of January 2002 then December 1989 or 2005. 

The sunsets have been pretty epic the past week.  Really nice alpine glow each evening.

2 hours ago, RIC_WX said:

Meh. It's November.

15 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Within 4 degrees of a record high at DCA so far.

67.9 at home.

Record is 73 set in 1905...we win at heat so lets do this.  Should be able to squeak out a 70 with the downsloping winds and no clouds.

2 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

For the 10th time in the past 11 years, MRB will finish November below normal for precip.

with the coming pattern I wonder how much snow jon-jon in Davis will record.  He probably has a foot on the ground already. I picture an epic 10 day blizzard out that way.

37 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Great sunrise up this way ...33 

yes, captured a couple nice pics on my drive to work

DP4VzbzX0AAXCd2.jpg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, ThePhotoGuy said:

Beautiful! 

that's a huge compliment since your photos are always so amazing, thank you! :wub:

• Like 1

OK, I am actually ahead of the usual 'curve' and posting last months figures within 24 hours lol....

Only 0.70 inches of precip for the month, vs an average of 3.18, this is the second lowest amount recorded in month for me beating the 0.79 from 2012, but losing to 2001's 0.41 inches. Greatest daily was 0.26 on the 8th, actually over half the month total fell on the 7th, 8th and 9th (0.41). 17 dry days, 3 with a T and 10 with measurable. Zero snow vs an average of 0.6 inches.

Average high was 54.9 degrees vs a normal of 57.0 degrees, a -2.1 below. Warmest day was the 4th with a 74.0 degree reading.

Average low was 31.8 degrees vs a normal of 31.7 degrees, a +0.1 above. Coldest days were the 23rd and 24th with matching 19.6 degree readings.

Average monthly temp was 43.4 degrees vs a normal of 44.3  degrees, a -0.9 below. 

Highest wind was on the 19th with a 39 mph recording. 

Two new records for the month, the 39.0 degree high on 12th tied the 'low maximum' from 1996 and the 20.8 degree low on 11th set new record low for date, beating the previous 22 degree reading from 1996.

Not much talk about the extended low highs period we're starting tomorrow.  Using Euro it has my yard in the 30s or colder for 8+  strait days. I honestly can't remember a early Dec with that long of a below stretch . End of Dec ..yea . Pretty cool stuff though.  Just need moisture..lol.