SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2017 OBS Thread

Birds~69

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For shiets and giggles I looked at Accu Weather day by day 90 day outlook which extends to July 9th. Many daytime highs in the 70s (some low 80s) till mid June. Then many low-mid 80s (a couple upper 80s) from mid June till July 9th. No 90's predicted. Is this accurate? Most likely no. But if I can skate by with zero 90's till mid July+...great Summer. I don't care if I roast my ass off in August because it will be short lived...then Sept and Fall approaching.

*Allergies are starting to kick in. Another reason (among many) I hate mid-Spring and all of Summer.

8 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

For shiets and giggles I looked at Accu Weather day by day 90 day outlook which extends to July 9th. Many daytime highs in the 70s (some low 80s) till mid June. Then many low-mid 80s (a couple upper 80s) from mid June till July 9th. No 90's predicted. Is this accurate? Most likely no. But if I can skate by with zero 90's till mid July+...great Summer. I don't care if I roast my ass off in August because it will be short lived...then Sept and Fall approaching.

*Allergies are starting to kick in. Another reason (among many) I hate mid-Spring and all of Summer.

First 80+ day of the season here in NW Chester County PA....and an all-time record to boot. Today's high of 83.9 eclipses the old record of 83.0 set way back in 1922 here in Chester County. This is also the first 80+ day on this date since we hit 81.4 back in 2011. The last time we hit 80 degrees here in NW Chesco was back on October 19th when we reached 80.7. Now down at my place at the Jersey Shore...a bit different of a day. We spend the day in the 50's down there - however over the past hour the wind switch to the SW and the temp bumped up 6 degrees to a high for the day of 64.9 at 5:02pm.

12 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Hit 81F IMBY.  Low humidity and perfect day for getting the garden ready!

Think the "80 temps" are done for a bit (and happy) although I enjoy the nice w/low humidity/dew points during the daytime. (Got red/fried/sun burned today)

I'm the type of guy who super enjoys early morning walks =<50F which seems to be the outlook for a bit.

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Think the "80 temps" are done for a bit (and happy) although I enjoy the nice w/low humidity/dew points during the daytime. (Got red/fried/sun burned today)

I'm the type of guy who super enjoys early morning walks =<50F which seems to be the outlook for a bit.

Some forecasts are threatening a close to 80 this Sunday depending on the timing of a cold front.  If the front comes at maximum heating time, you might get treated to some t-storms. :D

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

Some forecasts are threatening a close to 80 this Sunday depending on the timing of a cold front.  If the front comes at maximum heating time, you might get treated to some t-storms. :D

Upper 70s/low 80s...no difference in my book especially when there's a real shot at T-Storms which "pan out"...like many have so far this year. Bring it on! It's those constant 95F+ HHH days (last year) w/no T-Storms which really pissed me off...

Archived