joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall/Winter Banter '16-'17

Carvers Gap

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this event plays out as it's currently being modeled, hats off to the GFS. As of 00z the Euro has completely caved to the snow axis it's been spitting out for 8 consecutive runs.

This also feels like a bitter blow to our winter chances. Hard to watch the rare time when we'd all be all snow with no warm nose or mixing issues and the storm pulls a once in 50 years shot and goes hundreds of miles south of here.  Especially staring down the barrel of a 2-3 week heat wave looking at the +15 degree warmth we're facing in the longer term.  

Oh well, hopefully Atlanta gets 6 inches. They've not managed that in 35 years and have only had something like 10 3 inch or better snows in 100 years.

It makes sense I guess. The Heat Miser did pass away last week. Snow in Southtown on tap after that happened.  

11 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Check this out.  The rains out west have done some good things.  Here is the link to several before and after pics...

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/before-after-storm-California-flood-ca-drought-10851105.php#photo-12178124

That's awesome!  So happy they are finally coming out of their long term drought.  I am sure those that live on lakes out that way felt like this day would NEVER come....

LOL sounds like me ranting about CHA. 7/8 wind directions are downslope! Seems JC and Kingsport have a zero-sum game on wind direction, unless a synoptic gem gets everyone. Even then they tend to take turns as winds gradually back with time. Oh what fun!

On 1/20/2017 at 10:00 AM, Carvers Gap said:

We get down sloped anyway.  LOL.   Is there any direction that we don't?

Archived