• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Hermine coming our way? The latest runs seem to think so...

Tibet

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

ECM east. DT must be like WUT lol

Yeah, he is gonna get trolled big time. His maps from last night likely won't verify.  This event is great for practicing to not to get too emotionally invested in. 

One thing I learned from the Euro is that as the every storm goes through stages and the Euro like clockwork has an OMG, MOTHER OF GOD, EPIC run.  It seems to occur in the first stage of most runs. 

Not gonna fall for it.  For example, the major hit it showed I don't believe the Euro had enough runs over land, or inland and needed to adjust. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need to look at any retrograding low depicted on the models with a more critical eye moving forward.  I know the next time they show an outcome like this I will be less likely to believe them.  Such outcomes are extremely rare (Sandy being an outlier that had the strong trough modeled for days).

lesson learned

4 hours ago, hazwoper said:

I think we need to look at any retrograding low depicted on the models with a more critical eye moving forward.  I know the next time they show an outcome like this I will be less likely to believe them.  Such outcomes are extremely rare (Sandy being an outlier that had the strong trough modeled for days).

lesson learned

Especially when a capture is involved.  So glad i didn't invest little or any emotion in this storm, snow is so much easier to deal with than heavy rain and floods.  Great learning experience dealing with threading the needle and dealing with a capture. 

Archived